Team for Luton

4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

I'm a bit more positive about Penney at LB.  I think he's a decent player and looked OK in the first two games at wing back.  But when you pick a back four we don't really have a single natural full back.

I like the 3-5-2 (it gives us the numbers in midfield that 4-4-2 doesn't) but just concerned about the lack of a right sided centre back.  Shame we didn't bring that Sanderson in before the deadline.

I’d play Palmer-Flint-Van Aken

Liam is fine as a makeshift RCB and has a no nonsense man-mountain next to him. Wouldn’t worry me in the least.

Im always nervous about Moses defensively. 

• Like 2

Midfield is our problem and I don’t see which personnel Monk can pick to fix it .

I think Joey, Bannan plus one of the youngsters is far too weak.

If Brown is fit it would help but it’s still weak. We need some height and strength in there.

It might be even more of a problem today if Luton play the the diamond in midfield they did in previous games against us.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’d play Palmer-Flint-Van Aken

Liam is fine as a makeshift RCB and has a no nonsense man-mountain next to him. Wouldn’t worry me in the least.

Im always nervous about Moses defensively. 

That's probably pour best back three.  

Palmer worries me there tho as he allows the attacker to cut inside even if he's right footed.  You can do that out wide as a full back but not when you're in a more central position.

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Midfield is our problem and I don’t see which personnel Monk can pick to fix it .

I think Joey, Bannan plus one of the youngsters is far too weak.

If Brown is fit it would help but it’s still weak. We need some height and strength in there.

It might be even more of a problem today if Luton play the the diamond in midfield they did in previous games against us.

I'd be tempted to go with Palmer, Brown, Bannan or, even Palmer Bannan Reach.

It shows how wafer-thin we are at CM.

A Luongo-Bannan-Brown midfield looks very strong. Take one out and suddenly we are all wanting our LW or RB to play there instead of Joey, Hunt or Dele. Take two out and it looks a big problem. And with Brown’s shocking injury history and Luongo’s recent injuries it does look likely we will rarely have the three amigos available.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Penney’s not had chance to prove himself yet, nor hunt or dele.

Not even played at LB under monk so to suggest what you do is shambolic.

Yes please watch this afternoon and observe monks team selection / formation. Consistency is key lol

Fair point. I’m judging Penney at LB on his 18/19 outings. No idea how he did in Germany.

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

So in summary, playing Pelupessy is largely a wasted shirt.

No he can do a job protecting the defence. I'm not his biggest fan but he's the best option we have after Luongo.

I accept we need better.