Kieran lee

Gone completely radio silent on social media.. last on Instagram was all black for black out Tuesday (a campaign you gotta to scratch your head which genius came up with!) and his Twitter hasn't been updated since end of 2019 when it seemed like he was throwing out some weird chess move instructions... but in the end seemed like some odd commentary on Man Utd, maybe he's been hacked...

Anyhow, think he remains clubless and probably on his way to retirement from professional football and should be looking to get into coaching if that's his cup of tea. After all that time playing football and being with the squad, maybe he's just happy to spend time with his little 'un and isn't particularly fuzzed about his future at the moment. Understandably.

25 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Before his long term injury, I reckoned he was the best midfielder in the Championship or, at least notwithstanding my bias, there weren't that many midfielders as good as or better than him.

A career that will be remembered for that goal against Brighton in the play-off semi. Alas, he's not the player he was but he could still do a job for someone somewhere.

Same as, went criminally under the radar at times but was an 8/9 out of 10 nearly every week.

Probably my favourite Wednesday player of the last decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lee was a decent player but so overrated by many on here.

Rubbish. Not nearly rated enough. Did more and was better for us than anyone else from that intake of Carlos signings. Maybe only Bannan has offered as much to us as a club. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, modboy said:

would have been ideal to bring on on Saturday instead of Fizz.

Know we need to develop players but old pros are useful too

Why would he....Lee couldn't possibly have improved on the points we got......he may however have reduced them

20 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Personally think he will be apart of the coaching team in the future. One of the classiest midfielders I have seen in the last decade for us on and off the pitch. Out of all the players to leave I wish him nothing but the best. Stuck with us when we needed him the most.

On what evidence do you form this? Is he a good coach? Does he communicate well with players? Is he a tactical genius or is it the blue and white tinted glasses and fond memories of two failed play off campaigns? He had to stick with us because he was injured the majority of his time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Bit like Jack Wilkshere, nobody wants to pay money for a crock anymore.

Such a incorrect statement. 

Wilsheres career has limped for u jury to injury and he's made of glass.

Lee was carrying one serious injury, was mid managed as he was so vital to the team and overplayed and this left him with a very serious injury which robbed him of his prime years. 

He was out for a long time, but labelling as a Croc like Wilshere is misguided

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lee was a decent player but so overrated by many on here.

Huge tin hat on but sort of agree.

Some good one touch play and some memorable goals, but christ, some of our fans acting like he’s the second coming of Iniesta

20 goals and a handful of assists in 200 games, hardly a goal scoring midfielder. His highlight reel was barely 2 mins long - for someone who’d been here 7 years 

He had a good engine but I recall countless games where he got overran in midfield.

Again, not disputing the fact he’s a good championship midfielder. But one of the best in the league over the last decade? Sorry that’s rubbish 

Bannan will go down as a legend before him, easily and rightfully so 

• Like 2