Kieran lee

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

All our best periods of form in the last 6 years coincided with Lee being in the team. 

He made us tick and dragged the team up with him with his amazing work ethic and intelligence. 

I hope he finds a club. I still wouldn't be against him coming back here as a squad player. 

They weren't

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

They weren't

You seem polarised on Lee.

The fact is - and I say the word "fact" in terms I believe are true - the fact is that Lee has been extremely good at what he does in the centre of midfield - a position he wasn't brought in for.

He has quietly gone about his business and done so brilliantly in the main.

He has been nothing but a consummate pro - and I don't think anyone could argue with me on that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Lee signed for us in 2012 long before Carlos arrived.

Yup - probably should have made the point that I meant the general crop of players we had during the Carlos/Playoff era which we'll look back fondly on

Decent second tier player, good to watch, rarely gave the ball away, intelligent and seemed to find space well.

Had his limitations though and people saying he would get in most PL midfields and he was one of our best players of all time are living in a dreamworld. 

Nobody goes on about Glenn whelan yet he went on to have a far better career than lee had.

12 hours ago, 83owl said:

Decent second tier player, good to watch, rarely gave the ball away, intelligent and seemed to find space well.

Had his limitations though and people saying he would get in most PL midfields and he was one of our best players of all time are living in a dreamworld. 

Nobody goes on about Glenn whelan yet he went on to have a far better career than lee had.

Well I'm happy to sit in dream world then. I think before his injuries he could have easily played at Premier League level. That's very different to saying he'd get in to most PL midfields though. 

Glenn Whelan is mentioned on here a fair bit to be honest and there were people debating a chance to re-sign him upon leaving villa. He's always been highly regarded by most wednesday fans