Kieran lee

Lee is the type of player that was held in high esteem by fans but I never felt that he built much of a reputation up with other fans and clubs so may be why he's having difficulty finding a new club. Based on him not getting anywhere id offer him a pay as you play type deal or low wage to cover likely injuries as I thought he still had the odd good game

Edited by Ellis Rimmer
  • Like 4

If we resigned cat as a squad member bench warmer I would have preferred us to keep KL for that role and let cat go back to Holland. Truth is we don’t the extent of KLs injury problem. Which is why he might be struggling to get a club. Maybe we did him a favour with the last extension but he can’t pass a medical? Pure guess work of course

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not a good time to be a 32 year old footballer with a history of injury problems looking for a contract ......

The thing with his injury is that it was probably avoidable. This isn't a CC basing but we relied heavily on Lee and subsequently he was push to breaking point. His injury record prior to this wasn't to bad...he played around 30 games a season and probably missed games through selection choice rather than injury. He also played 45 plus games in 3 different seasons.

Possibly the player I have enjoyed watching the most in a Wednesday shirt in the last 20 years...even on a bad day he is twice the player of Pelupessy and couple of others that seem to be getting a free ride!! I really hope he gets a contract and proves his worth for the next 3/4 years before retirement.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

find that hard to believe 

Not really that hard to believe a footballer in their 30’s struggling with injuries over last few years maybe wanting to call it a day. Maybe he’s got other interests and vocations that he’s financially able to pursue rather than grinding out a few more years on the lower league circuit. Look at Jeremy Helan quit football to follow religion...for some even the pros football is not the be all and end all.

Good luck to him whatever he decides terrific servant to our club.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

not a good time to be a 32 year old footballer with a history of injury problems looking for a contract ......

Didn't think he was as old as that, being an excellent player for us over the years and I'm convinced he would be an excellent addition to most League One clubs. 

He may have hung up his boots and his future is elsewhere.  Best of luck to him whatever path he goes down.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The thing with his injury is that it was probably avoidable. This isn't a CC basing but we relied heavily on Lee and subsequently he was push to breaking point. His injury record prior to this wasn't to bad...he played around 30 games a season and probably missed games through selection choice rather than injury. He also played 45 plus games in 3 different seasons.

Possibly the player I have enjoyed watching the most in a Wednesday shirt in the last 20 years...even on a bad day he is twice the player of Pelupessy and couple of others that seem to be getting a free ride!! I really hope he gets a contract and proves his worth for the next 3/4 years before retirement.

Before his long term injury, I reckoned he was the best midfielder in the Championship or, at least notwithstanding my bias, there weren't that many midfielders as good as or better than him.

A career that will be remembered for that goal against Brighton in the play-off semi. Alas, he's not the player he was but he could still do a job for someone somewhere.

• Like 2