Kieran lee

On 19/10/2020 at 10:26, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not good enough anymore unfortunately. I agree with the sentiments that he is of course still better than Pelupessy!

So is my wheelie bin

• Haha 1

I don’t believe we were ever the same side when Lee was missing and I would go back to the Dave Jones era when he missed a good chunk of a season under him, he was missed.

Whether we’ll miss him now is hard to say. He’s obviously not the player he was as injuries have inevitably taken there toll plus I don’t believe he’s really suited to the way we play now where we mix it up more and maybe more so direct than playing through the thirds?

If he hasn’t got a club now then there is a fair chance he might be looking to call it a day?

The day Nuhiu signed for APOEL, the club acknowledged his service, they should do the same for Lee after all he has been here a year longer than him. 

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Huge tin hat on but sort of agree.

Some good one touch play and some memorable goals, but christ, some of our fans acting like he’s the second coming of Iniesta

20 goals and a handful of assists in 200 games, hardly a goal scoring midfielder. His highlight reel was barely 2 mins long - for someone who’d been here 7 years 

He had a good engine but I recall countless games where he got overran in midfield.

Again, not disputing the fact he’s a good championship midfielder. But one of the best in the league over the last decade? Sorry that’s rubbish 

Bannan will go down as a legend before him, easily and rightfully so 

Unfortunately like many others he never turned up in the big games when it mattered. There were many posts on here after the play off final calling out for the domineering physical central midfielder which we still haven't really got although Luongo seems to be playing well so far this season with Bannan. Lee had a couple of good seasons but that's about it.

All our best periods of form in the last 6 years coincided with Lee being in the team. 

He made us tick and dragged the team up with him with his amazing work ethic and intelligence. 

I hope he finds a club. I still wouldn't be against him coming back here as a squad player. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t believe we were ever the same side when Lee was missing and I would go back to the Dave Jones era when he missed a good chunk of a season under him, he was missed.

Whether we’ll miss him now is hard to say. He’s obviously not the player he was as injuries have inevitably taken there toll plus I don’t believe he’s really suited to the way we play now where we mix it up more and maybe more so direct than playing through the thirds?

If he hasn’t got a club now then there is a fair chance he might be looking to call it a day?

The day Nuhiu signed for APOEL, the club acknowledged his service, they should do the same for Lee after all he has been here a year longer than him. 

Well I'll give you exhibit A the period from January 2017 to the end of the season when Lee hardly featured at all and the team ticked. We seemed to be well balanced in midfield and then Carlos decided to bring back his favourites for the play off failure.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Well I'll give you exhibit A the period from January 2017 to the end of the season when Lee hardly featured at all and the team ticked. We seemed to be well balanced in midfield and then Carlos decided to bring back his favourites for the play off failure.

I’ll give you that Ronnie. My memory must be playing tricks with me? I remember him doing a decent job on the right side of midfield under Jones and then he missed the best part of 6 months? I think that was his hip as well?

Decent player IMO mate. One of the best Free Transfers I’ve seen at S6 and let’s face it, it’s a market we tend to do well in?

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ll give you that Ronnie. My memory must be playing tricks with me? I remember him doing a decent job on the right side of midfield under Jones and then he missed the best part of 6 months? I think that was his hip as well?

Decent player IMO mate. One of the best Free Transfers I’ve seen at S6 and let’s face it, it’s a market we tend to do well in?

There is no doubting that he was a good footballer and went about his business professionally but the praise given to him is far too excessive and is more reflective on how poor the club has been since we dropped out of the Premier League.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

There is no doubting that he was a good footballer and went about his business professionally but the praise given to him is far too excessive and is more reflective on how poor the club has been since we dropped out of the Premier League.

Was going to add on that as well. If we’d had a half decent team over the last 20 years he wouldn’t have even been a footnote, unfortunately

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Unfortunately like many others he never turned up in the big games when it mattered. There were many posts on here after the play off final calling out for the domineering physical central midfielder which we still haven't really got although Luongo seems to be playing well so far this season with Bannan. Lee had a couple of good seasons but that's about it.

“Never turned up in the big games when it mattered”   

What, like the Brighton semi first leg? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Hull at Wembley, Huddersfield in the play offs, United at Hillsborough

But lets be fair, Hull - none of them turned up except for Westwood (that tells it all). Hutchinson over Lopez was the start of that. 

You mention Huddersfield, yet don't mention him at Ipswich away scoring the goal getting us in the Playoffs second game back from his hip injury (way too soon)....

United at home (im not having that as a 'big game' in the same breathe as any of the above), weve had 3 other games against them since then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Was going to add on that as well. If we’d had a half decent team over the last 20 years he wouldn’t have even been a footnote, unfortunately

What’s that got to do with anything? 

He wouldn’t have been a footnote if we were decent? 

Any fans could say that in the land if they haven’t been decent - unfortunately for us, we have been crap and to actually like a player who’s been a good servant and provided good memories for us shouldn’t mean we should cast him aside because ‘ah well he wouldn’t have been remembered if we were any good’

Strange logic

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What’s that got to do with anything? 

He wouldn’t have been a footnote if we were decent? 

Any fans could say that in the land if they haven’t been decent - unfortunately for us, we have been crap and to actually like a player who’s been a good servant and provided good memories for us shouldn’t mean we should cast him aside because ‘ah well he wouldn’t have been remembered if we were any good’

Strange logic

When did I say cast him aside? I do like Lee, but I just feel some of these comments are hilariously OTT 

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But lets be fair, Hull - none of them turned up except for Westwood (that tells it all). Hutchinson over Lopez was the start of that. 

You mention Huddersfield, yet don't mention him at Ipswich away scoring the goal getting us in the Playoffs second game back from his hip injury (way too soon)....

United at home (im not having that as a 'big game' in the same breathe as any of the above), weve had 3 other games against them since then. 

Yes he didn't turn up at Wembley which was our biggest game in years. He scored at Ipswich great, but the rest of the squad had got the team into the position of the play offs over a period of months not a one off game during his absence.

United at home not a big game? I would question your allegiance to the club if you don't see United at home as a big game regardless of what the stakes are.  Those three games since the 4-2 defeat to United at Hillsborough, Lee didnt play in any of them.