EFL rejected American offer for stake in the league two days before Premier League plan was announced

2 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

Season Tickets for Hallam FC £75.00

its the future for those of us who remember the glorious past

Looks like I’ll be watching the oldest Club in the world then - a bit of heritage amongst the plastic.

• Like 2

Just now, NeonLeon said:

After the events of the last few days alone it’s hard to say the EFL are acting within the interests of its members.

But, as we know, they’ve not been doing that for along time anyway. 

Parry says the clubs support the plan. You can slag one bloke off all you want but if he's telling the truth then the blame is infinitely spreadable.

Our fans are as guilty of slagging off "tin-pot clubs" as any other.  Sadly after 20 years out of the Premier League and two decades worth of largely poor quality chairmen we're becoming what we have always ridiculed, especially to the teams that are looking globally rather than up the M1 or across the M62. I suspect we'll have to take whatever crumbs the "big clubs" offer - especially with the threat of relegation to Division Three looming. 

Modern football eh - we bought into the PL, in fact we were involved in an earlier potential breakaway. But we're certainly not going to be part of any European Super League. Ever since professionalism was introduced there's been a slow progress towards bigger clubs dominating. It was held off by the maximum wage but it's accelerated recently and I fear trying to stop it will be like doing a Canute. Maybe it would be better if Man Utd and Liverpool et al just fizz off into their franchise NFL style European Super League and let the rest of us get on with it. 

• Like 3

Tbh you  dont want the yanks involved , unless you want to see bigger goals, the game split into quarters and constant advertising , it would be the death 

of football as we know it. Sadly this very likely to happen anyway. Football the game of the common person, my arse!!

Edited by Big Jack