Dion Sanderson

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Agreed, but we have more poor options down the right, than we do, poor options down the left

Is it really beyond the wit of a right-footed centre half to play LCB? I don't remember having a right and left footed centre back pairing being a thing until recently.

And you've got players like Denis Irwin who managed a whole career at left back despite being right footed.

11 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Seem to think it's done, perhaps just negotiating still on the fee or wages or something. They're just arguing among themselves over Warnock, Harris and Tan.

Most Cardiff fans seem to be disappointed that Paterson's being allowed to leave for a small fee but realise he would want more games elsewhere.

Btw, we're in lockdown down here, even longer where I live, the majority of Wales is under some sort of lockdown restrictions, I don't know if that has any bearing on the deal but I'd assume we're just trying to negotiate the wages lower or something, bearing in mind we still need a few more players. 

Its all done ,just the fee and wages to sort 

Which bit is done ?

Hope this one gets done, liked the look of him last season at Cardiff. 

Not that I'm disappointed by our recruitment, but apart from Dele-Bashiru most of our signings have been mid to late 20's, relatively short term recruitment for the here and now (needed, I accept)

Be nice to bring in some permanent players to develop through the spine of the team, looking longer term.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Is it really beyond the wit of a right-footed centre half to play LCB? I don't remember having a right and left footed centre back pairing being a thing until recently.

And you've got players like Denis Irwin who managed a whole career at left back despite being right footed.

I think the answer to that is, yes some players adapt well, Palmer for instance, others might struggle. I see reported in some sections of the press, that he plays left back. Not sure whether that is poor journalism, or he has actually been playing left back for Wolves development sides? Most times I’ve seen him, he’s been on the right. Would be a decent signing, but I do think we’d need to move on one of our right side options

13 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

It’s a shame we aren’t sponsored by Sanderson anymore, that would have been a little laugh.

I'm waiting for Henri Chupa-Chups to be linked with us. Him, Benoit Finlux and Maxim V'Plastics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, the monk said:

Its all done ,just the fee and wages to sort 

Which bit is done ?

From their end and reports it's been suggested a fee was agreed. Assume the negotiation is over the wages and terms, etc? I'd presumed it's done but we do still need to bring in other players too, and should keep that in mind. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Hope this one gets done, liked the look of him last season at Cardiff. 

Not that I'm disappointed by our recruitment, but apart from Dele-Bashiru most of our signings have been mid to late 20's, relatively short term recruitment for the here and now (needed, I accept)

Be nice to bring in some permanent players to develop through the spine of the team, looking longer term.

He caught the eye on loan there last season. I'd imagine we'd face competition from them for him but he'd be an astute signing. I hope we can get some more signings in the vain of Brown and FDB. 

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

He caught the eye on loan there last season. I'd imagine we'd face competition from them for him but he'd be an astute signing. I hope we can get some more signings in the vain of Brown and FDB. 

Me too, but when you are chasing quality, there will always be competition

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Me too, but when you are chasing quality, there will always be competition

Exactly but that's the sort of quality we need as well as players with resale value. Sadly we lag behind numerous other clubs in selling and reinvesting in bargains or young talent but we've made some smart signings in the last few windows. To progress further we may have to start selling our most valuable players whilst they're in demand and reinvesting into the team.