Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

4 minutes ago, debram said:

Would love to hear Brian cloughs response to that. 

I'd like to hear Brian Clough's response to the sorry state of football.

In his day a 2nd Division side could compete and hope to win a cup, it's a totally different "business" now, and in no good way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brando said:

Our team should have been stronger

A real chance here

Another season of maybes

Disagree, happy with the team selection and performance of those playing so far.

We don't have the luxury of a big squad, an uphill task in the league to stay up, that's very much the priority.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Would love to hear Brian cloughs response to that. 

The same Brian Clough that once got the grounds man to turn on all the hoses and flood the pitch so his team didn't have to play?

It was a different game in his day too.  Far less athletic.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, debram said:

So many ways to look at it I guess, it's a successful manager that gets it right

Indeed. I am no fan of the manager but he has not put a foot wrong so far this season. His instinct would be to want to win and therefore play your strongest team but an injury to any one of our better players in a game like this would be unforgivable IMO. 

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You can see he’s trying to do others jobs for them. 

The second goal though, he switches off because he expects if the cross does come over there’s no way it gets past Wildsmith, but I think Wildsmith gets his angles wrong too

Waldock turned way too easy, Wildsmith angles wrong and Börner switching off...

He’s not doing his own job never mind anybody else’s. Wildsmith’s position was fine it was Borner’s fault. Knockheart has got him on toast. 
somebody ought to remove the tug boat he’s towing at half time.

I'd love to have a manager who'd have grow a set to really go for it 

No doubt we'll get a manager and fans happy that we made a bit of a game of it despite losing 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree we look shaky as heck at the back and Fulham aren’t out of first gear yet. 

Of course we look shaky at the back we have 2 youngsters plus a struggling experienced player.

What do you expect.

We could have equalised just before their second and are generally playing well.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love Monk to say at full time he is hopeful we will have a few signings in before the weekend instead of the usual nothing imminent line. 

I wish. He'll probably drone on about the match by congratulating our players for banging in 3 and pulling away with the win. Yes, we no longer have the clean sheet, but we continue our streak of not losing. blah blah blah

3 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I'd like to hear Brian Clough's response to the sorry state of football.

In his day a 2nd Division side could compete and hope to win a cup, it's a totally different "business" now, and in no good way. 

Didn't a league 2 side get to the final of this just a few years ago?

Just now, bobness said:

I wish. He'll probably drone on about the match by congratulating our players for banging in 3 and pulling away with the win. Yes, we no longer have the clean sheet, but we continue our streak of not losing. blah blah blah

He'd better not, how predictable.

Nobbhead 

Scoreline and individual erros aside, I'm quite pleased with what I saw that half. We seem to be moving the ball forward quicker, with crisp one touch passes.

Kachunga can certainly win a header for a not so tall forward player. Odubajo has again looked dangerous, and Reach is having a good game. Waldock doesn't look like he's playing his first senior game, and at 19 Dele-Bashiru looks a strong unit, although a little raw still.

Shaw needs to some support though, as their left back is quick. On the other side, we need to watch the runs off Knockaert, as he will slip a player in easily.