What players do Sheffield Wednesday still need?

Depends on the finances. If we have the money we need more quality in EVERY position.

But i think if were being realistic we dont have the money to buy big so we have to be canny and get either players with injury history that if fit we wouldnt be able to get. Young un proven players who could progress. Players who have lost there way but have the talent to get it back. Gambles from abroad.

So for example 3 million of Murphy would be good money... but we have RWB's which is where he will play, and we probably dont have three million. And his wages. If we do it would be better spent elsewhere.

I think we need a left wing back to challenge Penney, i would go for Lazaar at Newcastle.

We need two strikers. I would go back for Wickham. Another option in that mould would be Gyokeres at Brighton. I would also then go for pace. I dont know there situations but Suarez or Success at Watford would be good additions.

• Like 1

We need at least one more striker and cultured midfielder to play infront of our back 3.

As soon as our back line gets pressed we strugle to pass from the back and revert to aimlessly punting ball up the pitch. Or even worst, Bannan drops to deep and we fall apart. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Young striker on loan. Wary of bringing in an established head when Kachunga, Windass and Rhodes will all be expecting a starting place. Could rock the boat and I'd rather keep the squad harmony. 

Left wing back to compete with Penney. 

That'd be it for me.

I'm thinking similar, 3 strikers, all want to play regularly, its going to be a bit of a balancing act and certainly wouldn't want more than a 4th striker to 'rock the boat' as you say. 

I'd worry about CM if anything happened to bannan or Luongo, Pelupessy is simply not in the same league and a poor backup. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, malek said:

We need at least one more striker and cultured midfielder to play infront of our back 3.

As soon as our back line gets pressed we strugle to pass from the back and revert to aimlessly punting ball up the pitch. Or even worst, Bannan drops to deep and we fall apart. 

Id love one of these but with the CM numbers we have i just dont see us getting one. Especially with us playing 3 at the back as its not as essential as it is with a back 4

• Like 1

A striker and holding midfield cover are two vital signings as a minimum. Apparantly Monk is after two more forwards

Might also need another wing back option who creates chances as not sure Palmer, Odubajo, Harris will create enough in that position 

An experienced goal keeper on loan would have been nice but seems Dawson and Wildsmith are being asked to rise to the challenge 

It depends how we want to play, and whether Windass or Kachunga are good enough at holding the ball up to play with a flier, as I suspect they might be. . I know that wages might make it impossible but I would like us to spend our money on Murphy as a striker, who can obviously play elsewhere should we need him to, or should we change the system. I just think that compared to what we have spent on in the past, and compared to what he has been sold for in the past, £3m is a snip for Murphy, and he would probably like to come to Wednesday. I think he is capable of scoring plenty playing off a striker. Yes a fit Fletcher gave us a better ability to play long, but I think he also limited the way we could play, and the way we could press, and the better teams don’t really play that way. I think Murphy (who we know can play well for Wednesday) would score more than Zohore, would likely be a similar price, and would probably have better resale value. So I would go for Murphy,  1 big signing, and hopefully look at a midfield loan.