15 hours ago, hugeowl said:

this cant be correct 

Gurujuan says he is pants 

Yeah,like i said before the season started,there will be plenty of red faces(and a deafening silence now on here..) from the doom & gloom merchants,who would instantly launch an onslaught of bile,against anyone who actually thought our manager had something about him,and was the right person to turn the Owls around.

Hard to define but personally i had a good feeling about monk,reinforced by what i saw happening at S6,the type of players let go,and those brought in.

No one likes a 'smart*** and chorus of 'i told you so' & its too early yet anyway,even if minded,but i like what i saw on the pitch yesterday.

Edited by parajack
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, vulva said:

He’s not in the same league as Hooper. 

Hoopers all round play and quick thinking as a link player was excellent. He went from being a Windass type striker and adapted as he got older. But that’s the kind of trajectory Windass might need to copy a bit like his Dad.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s like saying Penney is better than Roberto Carlos. He is at the minute. 

Not really. Roberto Carlos played most of his career at the highest level Champions league wins, world cups, la Liga etc where as Penney will more than likely play second tier football throughout most of his career just like windass will and just like hooper did. 

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree with you he is a out and out striker.

I wasn’t a fan when we got him but thought he was more of an attacking midfielder. Hence why I wasn’t keen to get him back. But more I see him up front more I like him. He works his socks off and has pace and power and knows where the net is, might not be the best of

footballers but who cares if he scores. Good age too. 

• The first convert?..LOL    

3 hours ago, Howards back said:

Not on the same wages either. 

Hooper though is another one in my view who has left the best of his career behind him...so not a fair comparison...Windass has his best perhaps to come...& of course Hooper injured again and hasnt played in the Championship(nor likely to again in my view) for some time now...during his time at Phoenix he did score 8 goals but there was still a debate about his role..90 mins or coming off the bench(Q about fitness? injury? who knows)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/122465813/wellington-phoenix-lose-injured-duo-gary-hooper-tim-payne-for-aleague-final-series

Edited by parajack

Said it in the thread when we signed him, really happy to have got him back in.

Saw enough in the loan to know he would be a good buy and for less than half a million. I have a funny feeling this could be the best bit of business we have done in a long time.

Even if he isn't having the best game in the world, he will still run himself into the ground, you need lads like that.

Kachunga is another one with that sort of attitude, great start.

• Like 2

He looked lively, caused problems and worked his arse off. If he can keep that up he’ll get plenty of chances. 

Also noticed a few times where he was berating others for not feeding him the ball earlier or trying to put him in behind. We’ve really missed a striker looking to stretch teams for a while. As good as Fletcher was when we allowed him to get isolated it was really noticeable how far opposition would push up against us. 

Not having seen much of him in person, I feel that, far from being an out and out striker, we hae got something we have been lacking for ears - a good inside forward of the old type.  he also has more than one move. Unlike Hooper he does not have to take it down the wing then cut inside. something \hooper was good at, but unfortumately a tatic easily read.

Windass appears to be a proper link between midfield and attck.