If you look at the Nico Kranjkar article about Windass and look at some of the comments from the Rangers staff/ players about his physicality, pace, power etc.  you can see how highly he was rated....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/niko-kranjcar-backs-rangers-teammate-11843037

Edited by DuttyTeabags
article
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Goal and an assist. 

If you include his 2 goals for Wigan on New Year’s Day, he’s scored 6 goals in 697 minutes of championship football in 2020. Great ratio. 

I know many disagree, but for me he’s an out and out striker, and I feel his versatility has actually worked against him in the past.

Needs a proper run of games up front and I think he’s got goals in him. He has all the attributes. Works hard, physically strong, wants to run in behind and loves to shoot with power.

Could be a steal.

I agree with you he is a out and out striker.

I wasn’t a fan when we got him but thought he was more of an attacking midfielder. Hence why I wasn’t keen to get him back. But more I see him up front more I like him. He works his socks off and has pace and power and knows where the net is, might not be the best of

footballers but who cares if he scores. Good age too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Monk recognised the potential early on. 

A player who lost his way or didn’t fit the methods of his previous club and is now more than keen to get his career back on track. Seems tough enough both physically and mentally for Wednesday and the Championship too. Should be further improved by  a coach like Beattie.

A word for Issy Brown though. If he can keep making  interceptions and providing  perfectly weighted forward passes between defenders Windass and Rhodes should benefit enormously.

• Like 1

Windass and Rhodes both did well today, thought they worked well as a unit... Both got confidence boosting goals and hopefully both get the start next time.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I didn’t think he looked like a striker but he went some way to changing my view today.

Pacy and bags of effort. That was some finish too. 

IMO striking is all about partnerships - it was very promising today between he and Rhodes.

You didn't see him against QPR away last season then?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

Windass and Rhodes both did well today, thought they worked well as a unit... Both got confidence boosting goals and hopefully both get the start next time.

Windass May just be the signing we need to unlock a bit of the old Jordan Rhodes. 

Bit of pace and bite, plenty of attitude with good work rate. Hell suck defenders in and out of position, pull them all over which creates space for whomever plays up top with him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 83owl said:

I like that he’s direct and with his shooting doesn’t really try fancy stuff, just generally hits it hard towards a corner. I think in this league that’s what you need rather than over complicating the finishing.

Agreed , too many times recently we’ve been like a ‘knock off arsenal’ trying to pass our way round the opposition then bricking it when we get near the box . Was refreshing to see one of ours get behind the defence and leather it ! 

14 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

I think the lad potential and he’s a unit so he doesn’t get knocked about like forestieri, Bannan etc. His physicality has a shade of the Hirst snr about him......just needs the goals to go with it but it’s a damn good start 

And Paul Warhurst - very direct...