Kachunga fit and ready for the weekend

A069D9DF-3D17-4CA9-B7D1-01426EA594D8.jpeg

“Kache will be ready for next week,” Monk said. “I just felt with him he’s only just come through the door.

“He’d been with us for 48 hours or so, whereas Josh Windass had the advantage that he already knows how we work.

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what. But he’ll have a good week’s training, he’s fully fit and ready. He will be ready for Saturday.”

CD2C8580-1049-4D1C-87D0-AA18B240D387.jpeg

Chey Dunkley is another who has made a strong impression since arriving at Hillsborough earlier in the window and the Owls manager revealed the centre back is not far away from full fitness.

“In terms of Chey, he’s not far away. I’ve said it before, I knew when he was coming here, he was going to be a little bit behind the others but he is working hard, progressing every day.

“The same goes for Osaze, so hopefully we’ll get to that first game or just after with a fully fit squad.

“There were no injuries in the Walsall game so that’s a positive, a good workout and most importantly a win.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A069D9DF-3D17-4CA9-B7D1-01426EA594D8.jpeg

“Kache will be ready for next week,” Monk said. “I just felt with him he’s only just come through the door.

“He’d been with us for 48 hours or so, whereas Josh Windass had the advantage that he already knows how we work.

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what. But he’ll have a good week’s training, he’s fully fit and ready. He will be ready for Saturday.”

CD2C8580-1049-4D1C-87D0-AA18B240D387.jpeg

Chey Dunkley is another who has made a strong impression since arriving at Hillsborough earlier in the window and the Owls manager revealed the centre back is not far away from full fitness.

“In terms of Chey, he’s not far away. I’ve said it before, I knew when he was coming here, he was going to be a little bit behind the others but he is working hard, progressing every day.

“The same goes for Osaze, so hopefully we’ll get to that first game or just after with a fully fit squad.

“There were no injuries in the Walsall game so that’s a positive, a good workout and most importantly a win.”

You've got Monk at it now.

• Haha 1

Speaking to one of the dog botherers at work (Huddersfield town). 

He said they played him up top as a striker in his first season while on loan, before shuffling him out wide after he signed fully. He said he got about 13/14 goals and the majority with his head. 

Hopefully he can become that robust cf with a bit of pace and attitude we need and might work with Windass playing in behind him, just need a run together to see. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

He said they played him up top as a striker in his first season while on loan, before shuffling him out wide after he signed fully. He said he got about 13/14 goals and the majority with his head. 

Hopefully he can become that robust cf with a bit of pace and attitude we need and might work with Windass playing in behind him, just need a run together to see. 

He was a decent player when he played in the Bundasliga. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes - I think he will be the main/sole striker with Rhodes as replacement from the bench, with Windass, Reach and Brown sat just behind in a diamond formation:

Kachunga/Rhodes

Brown                      Windass/Reach

Penny/Oddjob                Bannan                    Luongo                     Palmer/Harris

JVA/Dunkley        Lees/Borner            Iorfa     

Dawson/Wildsmithh

• Thanks 1