The Garry Monk Era is here...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

Thats a very positive viewpoint,if it turns out to be correct,it will be long overdue...excitement and free flowing football has been missing from S6 for way too long...

There are probably thousands of fans from several championship teams who are thinking “ right, this is it, the start of the new dawn, the beginning of our resurgence, out with the old and in with the new, hold onto your hats ‘cos we’re on our way”.... I think that at the beginning of every season, even when we’ve been docked twelve points and have only one misfiring striker.

Up the Owls, the league title is in the bag. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thats a very positive viewpoint,if it turns out to be correct,it will be long overdue...excitement and free flowing football has been missing from S6 for way too long...

Fingers crossed mate!
I think all we can do is watch, enjoy (hopefully!) and hopefully the future is really bright now and we can kick on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

200_d.gif.4709873cae2d508d9ad0cb3548dbbebc.gif

• Haha 3

I really cant see us playing free flowing exciting football.
Only really done that for about 1/2 season in the last 20 years and then it was with money that broke the financial rules.

Think this upcoming season it will be hard work and grinding out the results, similar to the way Stuart Gray teams were.
If Monk can get team organised we have a fighting chance of stopping up but it is not going to be pretty.

• Like 1

I’m not sure whether Monk is up to the job, but I hope he can. First off, we need to stop all this nonsense about him needing 5 windows. Yeah Bruce said it too, any manager would, it gives them longevity in the job. Longevity of course can be good, but not many managers will get two and a half years to turn things around. Certainly, I don’t expect us to be the finished article by the end of this window, but we need to be well on the way. The idea of 5 windows, might be appropriate if we did what most clubs do, and keep improving the squad gradually each window. We have chosen though to do it in a more dramatic fashion, by having a big clear out, something Monk himself has been a big cheerleader for. We haven’t done this because those players were blocking the path of others coming through, we’ve done it because the manager wanted to clear the decks to bring his own players in. He’s put that pressure on himself, so now he has to deliver. Where did he think those replacements were going to come from? 
As I see it, he has his staff now, and not before time, he should know what’s needed, and he’s already created the space, and freed up the funds to bring in the players who will improve us

18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don’t shop at Tesco either but I do have almost a hundred bags for life.

That is optimism!

In Monk we trust!

:duntmatter:

Bag for life - always mention that she is at home when they ask you at the check out if you need a bag or have you brought a bag. Quickly followed by; oh, you mean a carrier.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure whether Monk is up to the job, but I hope he can. First off, we need to stop all this nonsense about him needing 5 windows. Yeah Bruce said it too, any manager would, it gives them longevity in the job. Longevity of course can be good, but not many managers will get two and a half years to turn things around. Certainly, I don’t expect us to be the finished article by the end of this window, but we need to be well on the way. The idea of 5 windows, might be appropriate if we did what most clubs do, and keep improving the squad gradually each window. We have chosen though to do it in a more dramatic fashion, by having a big clear out, something Monk himself has been a big cheerleader for. We haven’t done this because those players were blocking the path of others coming through, we’ve done it because the manager wanted to clear the decks to bring his own players in. He’s put that pressure on himself, so now he has to deliver. Where did he think those replacements were going to come from? 
As I see it, he has his staff now, and not before time, he should know what’s needed, and he’s already created the space, and freed up the funds to bring in the players who will improve us

And your views on Bags for Life?

• Haha 1

No

It began when he started taking his pay.

And he was useless, utterly useless. Dire unattractive football and the worst manager in many years.

That's going by your own FACTS benchmark

Still. 

he's the manager, sod all we can do to change that now.
Lets hope he does well. 

I'll be supporting the team as usual full pelt. The manager ? we will see if he changes.
At the end of the day, it's a performance based industry, and he hasn't yet. 

• Like 1

No offence but anyone who refers to it as that really can't be taken seriously.

Sorry if my views in the O/P differ from yours but calling the site 'North Korea' in response is downright pathetic

Like I say.. no offence intended but come on... let's be mature eh?

But you take down posts you don't agree with..

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Personally I'm not arsed about whether we play nice attacking football or not. Just care about results. I want 12 points under our belts as soon as possible. Then I want 12 more. Then 12 more etc etc. If we have to play eye bleeding garbage for that to happen then bring it on, I'll celebrate just as wildly as I would if we were playing like a 70s Brazil. 

I think for too long,the sideways passing,passing back to the keeper,and general long periods of boring Football,need to end..Of course we all want the 'wins' but people also want to be entertained!!!!....

For me,that starts in the oppositions final third,& penalty area.If we do see more attacking football & giving the ball a good kick at entertaining,as well as being tight defensively,i will be satisfied.

Onwards & upwards WAWAW

56 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Since the start of the year @Owlstalk has been a great cheer leader for Monk and that is his opinion which is fine.  It is a forum.

I have a very different view of Monk based on the truly appalling results and performances since Xmas.

Monk breeds conflict because he is a very poor leader and I have to say stupid with it.

In virtually every club in the Premier and EFL Monk would have been fired at lockdown and without doubt at the season end.

Chairman do not keep losers but in Chansiri the inept Monk got lucky.

Why not just wait?? we have all had our say now,season start is almost upon us,and we will be able to comment on the only Garry Monk stats that matter: Season win/draw/loss in season 20/21 & Individual  team performance/tactics/substitutions/injurys at S6....

Leave the past where it belongs,we are all starting to sound like bickering divorcee's...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

But you take down posts you don't agree with..

If this were true, then your post will be gone in a matter of minutes, as will this reply.

They won't though, because you're speaking nonsense.

For starters, it's well-documented that Neil is fully behind Monk and thinks he deserves to be given a chance. Now take a look at how many posts there are criticising Monk and calling for him to be sacked. Wouldn't all of these posts have been deleted if what you say is true?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If this were true, then your post will be gone in a matter of minutes, as will this reply.

They won't though, because you're speaking nonsense.

For starters, it's well-documented that Neil is fully behind Monk and thinks he deserves to be given a chance. Now take a look at how many posts there are criticising Monk and calling for him to be sacked. Wouldn't all of these posts have been deleted if what you say is true?

THIS 👆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

As far as I'm concerned Monk's tenure starts now. He inherited a sheetshow when he started, poorly motivated, greedy, injured, unfit, unsettled players.

I'm sorry, can't agree.

He inherited a good squad which had lost just 7 times in 30 matches since Jos left.

Confidence was high, we'd added Luongo, Harris, Boerner and Murphy.

Most felt the play offs at least were attainable last season.

Who were the poorly motivated, greedy and unsettled players?

• Like 2

I like the optimism. I've got to admit, I'm nervous. 

Think it was key for us to get rid of some players but with Rhodes and Westwood still commanding a huge % of our wage budget for relatively no return, we're still gonna be playing catch up with FFP breaches occurring if we're not careful. 

I'd say we need 5 good quality players still, hope we have the financial muscle to get them in without breaking ourselves.

There's positives for sure but more work to be done before 12th Sept

• Like 1