The Garry Monk Era is here...

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

It must be a slow day on here Neil !!

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-fans-jordan-rhodes-18836568

Dom is covering all bases in this report, not sure reliable he is, he got the Leko signing wrong.  

I stopped reading when he said there is less than a week to go until we play Walsall, there is 8 days.

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

That's why it was a no brainer for Bruce to leave, he could see the writing on the wall. 

Things were so much better when we had blind optimism under the Three Steve's.

Right said Fred, x 2? you forgot the Chelsea debacle in the Cup?...didnt allegedly even try to make a game of it...& Bruce who allegedly preferred being on Holiday & Cricket,to coming to his new Club? ...

I can’t get over some people on here they have a one track mind .

he had one bad season last season which wasn’t his fault yes he did set-out the tactics yes we did pick out the team
But when you have certain players and staff plotting against him not making any effort.

not doing anything to help With The uncertainty on and off the pitch .

what do we expect.

You can’t actually sit here and say that the team had togetherness.

now truly believe that’s what he’s trying to do this season
and I will judge him at the end of the season.

and all my hands up if I was wrong.

but give him a fair crack of the whip before  pulling him down Because that makes us no better.

Than the Backstabbing to the club  players he shipped out......

So I for one and I recommend all Sheffield Wednesday fans should get behind monk until proven otherwise.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.26.24.jpg

Now he has his own coaching and management set up finally in place, and the flushing out of the squad is happening and new hungry exciting players are coming to the club we are now properly entering the Garry Monk Era.

What do you think it will bring with it?

I think personally we will start to see exciting attacking football again with wing backs, crosses, counter attacks, and plenty of goals. I think it's a really exciting time and the points deduction no longer worries me  (after the initial shock/horror set in I can now see moves from the club to really go for it)

I think we'll do well under this new regime and I think the new coaching staff will really motivate this new group to do well.

I also think we will finally really start to see a happier and more successful Garry Monk who has been backed by the chairman and who is going to do much better now he can get the tired old faces out of the club and some fresh positive attitudes coming in to challenge the players who are remaining.

It's clear Garry Monk wants to create a team we can be proud of, who work their butts off to represent us in the Sheffield Wednesday shirt and he's promised us that he will create a real team to take pride in.

I'm looking forward to it

The Garry Monk era is finally beginning and it's already looking very exciting indeed

God help us

1 minute ago, Owlsend said:

I can’t get over some people on here they have a one track mind .

he had one bad season last season which wasn’t his fault yes he did set-out the tactics yes we did pick out the team
But when you have certain players and staff plotting against him not making any effort.

not doing anything to help With The uncertainty on and off the pitch .

what do we expect.

You can’t actually sit here and say that the team had togetherness.

now truly believe that’s what he’s trying to do this season
and I will judge him at the end of the season.

and all my hands up if I was wrong.

but give him a fair crack of the whip before  pulling him down Because that makes us no better.

Than the Backstabbing to the club  players he shipped out......

So I for one and I recommend all Sheffield Wednesday fans should get behind monk until proven otherwise.....

Fair points but for god's sake I want entertaining football as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anthndav said:

Andy Hughes is the real wildcard in that group. The others have all worked together before but I think the addition of Hughes will really keep that management unit on their own toes too and bring something refreshing to Monks Management Team.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same.

Hughes has "been-there-done-that" with huddersfield so, his input hopefully will improve things.

We've all got to give them a chance and some time & remember that it wasn't THEIR FAULT that we are -12 points currently!

Good Luck for the coming season lads! :biggrin:

• Like 1