The Garry Monk Era is here...

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Does every other club have just one forward in the squad, a forward that we are stuck with and doesn't even usually make the matchday squad?

Just now, A12owl said:

But usually a club would have more than one recognised striker.

Whether you like Rhodes or not he is a striker not a defender or goalie so thats what I will call him. 

It's irrelevant if clubs havent' finished buying/loaning players in how many of each position they have

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Oh for Pete’s sake. Don’t get all upset.  

I'm not upset in the slightest

I'm simply asking you not to make personal attacks like that on the site

It means I have to moderate/delete stuff and then the site gets called North Korea

lol

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

You  REALLY  expect us not to sign any other strikers?

You want us to take you seriously but you are seemingly suggesting that Sheffield Wednesday FC will go into next season with just Jordan Rhodes on the books?

REALLY?

Come on now.... People won't take you seriously if you suggest things like that mate. They'll just think you have some kind of weird agenda

Question is who this striker is going to be? 

It's a massive decision for team Monk and the club. And whoever it is we could do with said striker being able to play twice a week.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Stopped reading at this point

Absolutely no need for that

Please don't turn threads personal like that mate

Didn’t know you got upset with so little. I’ve been called MILES worse than this on here and the other person never got told off. Happened loads of times. 

I’ll apologize though! Possibly uncalled for.

Didn’t know you got upset with so little. I’ve been called MILES worse than this on here and the other person never got told off. Happened loads of times. 

Not even a problem mate

Thank you! 👍

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

You  REALLY  expect us not to sign any other strikers?

You want us to take you seriously but you are seemingly suggesting that Sheffield Wednesday FC will go into next season with just Jordan Rhodes on the books?

REALLY?

Come on now.... People won't take you seriously if you suggest things like that mate. They'll just think you have some kind of weird agenda

Niel, we are all hoping and praying, but the only striker we have been linked with is windlass, who has hardly been prolific in his career?  I think we are at least five players short of safety. What’s your honest opinion?

At least apologise in English man! (although you could be Japanese of course, in which case well done for being bilingual). 

• Like 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Niel, we are all hoping and praying, but the only striker we have been linked with is windlass, who has hardly been prolific in his career?  I think we are at least five players short of safety. What’s your honest opinion?

We are about 5 or 6 players short ideally

I don't pay any attention to who we have been linked with or if we've been linked with anyone at all because even basic common sense says that we're going to be bringing more players into the squad

There's not a cat in hells chance - not even 5% chance that we will go through next season with just Jordan Rhodes as our only striker on the books

lol

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

How can we be an attacking force with ONE striker at the club? Laughable! 

Depends what systym he plays,I have no confidence at all in JR(but would love to proved wrong!!),we have Windass,& still got a chance for Murphy back on a year loan,to help with a few goals.IF he does as rumoured go with attacking ,overlapping wingbacks,that should crate space for JR to capitalise on,Reach maybe,who knows??

Got to admit its a puzzle that will be interesting to see unfold...(after last season)

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

His body language and the way he spoke the other day seems a more relaxed and confident manner. He still repeats himself, he still repeats himself but I would imagine now that he's got his "friends" as he calls them around him he will have more authority and back up than being a loner amongst a set of players and staff who possibly didn't listen. 

I wasn't keen originally but let's hope he turns things around and gets us up the league. 

I'm quietly confident/hopeful. 

Maybe he got into the habit of repeating himself, because they didn't listen? 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

At least apologise in English man! (although you could be Japanese of course, in which case well done for being bilingual). 

Eh?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We are about 5 or 6 players short ideally

I don't pay any attention to who we have been linked with or if we've been linked with anyone at all because even basic common sense says that we're going to be bringing more players into the squad

There's not a cat in hells chance - not even 5% chance that we will go through next season with just Jordan Rhodes as our only striker on the books

lol

On the last page you said we wouldn't go into the season with just Jordan Rhodes, now it's go through the season, which is it you little tinker ?

Just now, royalowlisback said:

On the last page you said we wouldn't go into the season with just Jordan Rhodes, now it's go through the season, which is it you little tinker ?

Go into the season mate

I believe we will sign at least two new strikers before we kick the new season off

Owlstalk Shop