The Garry Monk Era is here...

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I'm sorry, can't agree.

He inherited a good squad which had lost just 7 times in 30 matches since Jos left.

Confidence was high, we'd added Luongo, Harris, Boerner and Murphy.

Most felt the play offs at least were attainable last season.

Who were the poorly motivated, greedy and unsettled players?

It would be quicker to name those that weren't IMO. 

When was the last time you saw us play and thought, these boys are up for it for a prolonged period? 

Answer = Carlos 1st season when expectations were low and players weren't scarred/damaged. Since then it has been a shower and only Bruce has got anything out of some of them. We wont get someone of Bruce's calibre unless DC gets us sorted off the pitch, which may incidentally take a while. 

The only players I would fancy to put in a shift for Wednesday when Monk first arrived were Bannan, Iorfa, Borner and Fletcher when not in the treatment room. Never been a team with play off aspirations. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've got zero issues with anyone saying that a manager isn't their cup of tea, that they disagree with the team selection, tactics, substitutions etc

BUT THIS SORT OF STUFF???

REALLY??

We still don't know why Hutchinson and Westwood were bombed out of the first team.

All people will see is two good players were bombed out of the first team around xmas.

Replaced with Dawson and Pelupessy, two player in my opinion not good enough!

Did Monk do it because of his ego? a small possibility, maybe wanting to show who's boss.

Did Monk do it because he thought it was best for the team? Probably, unfortunately results would prove otherwise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then you shouldn't support statements about him having an ego and putting it first!

lol

Ime not,....ime saying it didnt seem a big deal to express that opinion,maybe ime missing something...!! not been on here long and ive shipped way more water than that!!.....perhaps thats why ha ha

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Realism.

There will be a positivity to the whole club, when he gets the sack.

Sad feckers 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a fake account

Got to say,the number of people (local media) etc,all saying the same,or similar things about feeling positive about the future for Wednesday,are hitting all the right spots with me.You would imagine they  have knowledge of more things than most 'punters' & would probably have picked up any advance negative 'vibes..

Often i feel they can only hint,or talk around a subject,because what they may know,has not been given 'on the record' I just have a feeling we are going to have a good Season,& turn a corner...No i know that means 'jack ****''..if you dont agree...But there you are..

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

We still don't know why Hutchinson and Westwood were bombed out of the first team.

All people will see is two good players were bombed out of the first team around xmas.

Replaced with Dawson and Pelupessy, two player in my opinion not good enough!

Did Monk do it because of his ego? a small possibility, maybe wanting to show who's boss.

Did Monk do it because he thought it was best for the team? Probably, unfortunately results would prove otherwise.

?? well there is enough out there to say why?/none of us,are in 'the inner circle' so thats all we can go on....What possible reason,could two separate managers,have ,for dropping the same two players in such a fashion?....Simply not credible that they cant 'man manage' them.....in my view....If one manager had done it,than maybe....but not 2...

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

?? well there is enough out there to say why?/none of us,are in 'the inner circle' so thats all we can go on....What possible reason,could two separate managers,have ,for dropping the same two players in such a fashion?....Simply not credible that they cant 'man manage' them.....in my view....If one manager had done it,than maybe....but not 2...

And what happend to the results when those two managers dropped them?

What happend when they were restored to the team after Jos left?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

There's something that you're missing though mate

It's called 'The Bigger Picture' and 'The Long Term'

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

results improved,for a while....we know all that,but both lost form didnt they?became allegedly injured?....as well as 'other' alleged factors..really need to move on now,from two players without the best injury record,in their 30s....its been done to death.....I dont see Hutchinsons alleged 'london' Club materialising yet,why hasnt he been snapped up,if he is so good,and comes without allegedly 'baggage'? same with Westwood,where are all the offers?..If he is that good,sides should be prepared to pay his wages...

Edited by parajack

Just now, parajack said:

results improved,for a while....we know all that,but both lost form didnt they?became allegedly injured?....as well as 'other' factors..really need to move on now,from two players without the best injury record,in their 30s....its been done to death.....I dont see Hutchinsons 'london' Club materialising yet,why hasnt he been snapped up,if he is so good,and comes without allegedly 'baggage'? same with Westwood,where are all the offers?..If he is that good,sides should be prepared to pay his wages...

Hutchinson with his injury reputation and Westwood is just to expensive.

Would think that would be influencing other clubs thinking as much as anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

And still paying 1 of them.

Normally,its good business to give a further contract to a player,to protect their value(if they have any!!) and stop them leaving at contract end,on a free.

TBH i cant say in the case of Westwood,that would have been my choice.We have to hope now,that someone does come in for him.