Factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us safely out of the -12 deduction

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It seems people can read facts and statistics, that are FACTS, and then just throw them in the bin so they can regurgitate their ridiculous hate campaign

It's not great reading though is it? A quarter of the season to overcome 12 points if history repeats. That means 48 when extrapolated over the full season. Where is the positive in that?! 

I'd love to be wrong, I wish we get 4 wins minimum from the first 5. I'd love to smash it and rack up 100 plus points with Monk. Nothing would make me happier. I just don't see any evidence to convince me that this is likely to happen or a history with Monk in charge pointing to a track record of it happening. Heck I don't see him having a record beyond average at best. That's the worrying thing 

Just now, the third man said:

Remind me how many he got last season, and would we have been relegated with -12 points

Oh don't get me wrong I have 0% confidence in Garry Monk to save us!

Just cba getting into another debate with Neil over Garry Monk!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If we're getting poor results when the players are busting a gut for each other then you have to question team selection & tactics.

You have to question (some of) the players much more!

And team selection can only be from those available for selection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It seems people can read facts and statistics, that are FACTS, and then just throw them in the bin so they can regurgitate their ridiculous hate campaign

The FACTS are. ( Using your own benchmark )
As you say

FACTS

he is the worst manager we have had in  many years.

history.jpg

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

He's not "The Man" we need, he's just the man we are stuck with, i'd be an hypocrite if I were to support him, so I won't be doing so, the last manager I said that about was David Pleat.

Who is "The Man" in your opinion?

I have 0% confidence in Garry Monk to get us out of trouble next season as things stand!

This is based on the appalling results and performances in the second half of last season that I think he should have been sacked because of, regardless of other circumstances.

What I will do though, is want Wednesday to win every game of football next season, when things are going well I will praise and when things are going bad I will criticise.

At the end of the season if we go down Monk has failed, even with 12 point deduction, we should have been way more than 12 points this season.

If we stay up I will  add on 12 points and see where we would have finished without the deduction, I think that's the fairest way to judge him!

Depending on the outcome will depend on whether I change my mind about Monk! 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

There are no reasons to back Monk.

The man makes lukhay look competent

Apart from the fact he is the manager of Sheffield Wednesday of course.

and it’s the first pre season he’s had..

..and he’s managed to clear out the dead wood to a degree

and he will hopefully be bringing in players that he can work with

and ( hopefully) his own back room team.

you’re a bit glass half empty aren’t you?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The FACTS are. ( Using your own benchmark )
As you say

FACTS

he is the worst manager we have had in  many years.

history.jpg

And all of those inherited an ageing side That had been dropped in the kack by Bruce eh? 

• Like 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Unless he does something extraordinary, Monk can never be highest on the list of who takes the blame should we get relegated next season.

If we go down next season even with a 12 points deduction a number of people will be to blame, including Garry Monk!

• Like 1

And when the next manager comes in an he has a bad start because they are not his players, and when the manager after comes in and he has a bad start because they aren't his players.  And because we are at a low ebb an obviously we can attract big name managers that need millions to spend or etc etc etc.

I know no matter what, how about a new manager after every 15 games then they get a good start and we move to the next one.

Pah  Some people. Get behind the manager and the team.  Don't assume anything until you have the facts of the coming season in front of you.   See what players come in.  You have no idea what has happened or what is happening behind the scenes.  There was too much player power in the dressing room.  Players didn't like a strong manager coming in and stamping his authority.  

• Like 2

Its easy for all the gloomsters and doomsters to write of the season before its started. Why not have some faith in your team. Don't keep knocking SWFC, take some pride and have some faith that in taking back control of our team, despite the reduction, Monk can lead us to a better future in the sunlit uplands of the Premier League. I am convinced that by September, Monk and the managment  team, will have in place a world beating defence, midfield and attack. The management team have done a great job, whilst  faced with new challenges. The rest of the world gazes at our progress with astonishment. Since the difficulties began our manager has thrown a protective ring around our goal. We released the ball from defence so that the most important element, the defence was not overwhelmed. We have been successful in that strategy. We are all in this together.

Edited by swissmess
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

and bring who in exactly?

Indeed. I don't see a lot of candidates out there who are immediately available (i.e. not currently employed), who are likely to find the job attractive, and who are likely to be given more than 5-6 games by some of our fans to prove themselves.

Here's a couple of indisputable facts.

1) Any replacement is going to face exactly the same problems as Monk.

2) There is no guarantee or certainty that any replacement will be any more successful than Monk.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can understand their point of view, but for me I'm going to back him, not going to moan, going to give him as much

support as any one deserves in his position , it wont be easy, having to build from an ageing indifferent set of players,

(who at least most have been let go), to a team performing week in week out is what we all want.

I ask for a little tolerance until we see what he builds and how they perform, give him time folks,

I'm sure he'll come good.

Lets not judge him on the first few games or the first half of the season or the whole season. Let's  look at his entire history of management. Is that fair you think ?

Monk's Record:

Monks_Record.jpg.6e6b6a768c370bc0d1b652a00f761cf7.jpg

So out of a possible 777 points ( 259 x 3 ) he managed to accumulate  358 in his managerial career to date.

That's just over 1.38 points a game.

Is that average for a manager ?.......well let's compare with two other managers brought in by Championship clubs.

Bielsa's Record:

Bielsa_record.jpg.760ae5c1835863497114f11f1fef53ed.jpg

Just over 1.65 points per game. 

Let's look closer to home shall we.

Wilder's Record:

Wilder_record.jpg.9d0bb42b0a7bdb0fa3e13516365885bf.jpg

Just over 1.57 points per game.

Monk is way out of his depth as a manager. He is just the patsy, the fall guy.  He was given the job probably because no one else wanted to work with Chansiri 

and our setup.  And whilst our deadly neighbours have found success and flourished we are going NOWHERE.

The soon he leaves the better along with our owner.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

He is in charge, no one else is or will be. If you cant back your manager then what sort of supporter are you .

New season, lets see where he takes us before we get sharpening the knives.

My thoughts too, clear DC is keeping him, so better to get behind the manager and the club, than try to undermine.

• Like 1