Factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us safely out of the -12 deduction

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I’ve been an avid critique of Monk.....

But I’m willing to give him a chance as I feel we need to as fans and as a club....

Yes the performances were awful, tactics dire and subs were baffling at times...

however.....it’s a new season, a fresh start so to speak let’s get behind the team and players and manager they need us more than ever. We can be a united bunch at times just look at the play off final singing we were on our way for 45 mins solid it was unbelievable!!!!! 

we can do this, Monk can do this 

WAWAW 

Can you please recommend to the rest of us what pills you have just started taking?

At least I hope they are blue ?

**** has done nothing in 2020 to suggest he 'can do this' and repeatedly shown he 'can NOT do this'. 

Only reason he is still here is that Chansiri is always so reluctant to change our man and too busy with other issues. 

Reluctantly accepting that **** may still be here for new season does not change the sad boring reality of this man. 

Obviously on match day we, or at least the plastic cut-outs, need to be totally behind the team!

5 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

That's why I gave the full picture of ALL the matches not just a selected few when they all hit a purple patch.

Let me pick 2 managers at random to compare monk against. I know, I'll cut up all the ex-championship managers names from the last 2 seasons, put them in a hat and draw 2 out without looking. Oh look, would you Adam and Eve it, Bielsa and Wilder. 😙😉😂

23 minutes ago, parajack said:

He is available,so why hasnt he been snapped up,by say 'Bristol' or Bournemouth?...or other Championship/Premier hopefuls?

No idea mate. Those 2 teams probably have aspirations of promotion and don't see Mick giving them the free flowing team they want? He may have turned offers down? I suspect his reputation limits the type of club that will come in for him?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you seriously putting this forward as a positive?

An average of 13.2 points from 10 games when starting a season as manager of a club - from a manager whose teams have a tendency to have a downturn in the 2nd half of a season, if he makes it that far.

Overwhelming stuff! Monkmanface

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Unless he does something extraordinary, Monk can never be highest on the list of who takes the blame should we get relegated next season.

The stats and performances overall last season suggest he is part of the problem rather than the solution though.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The stats and performances overall last season suggest he is part of the problem rather than the solution though.

The fact that he got that team to a 17th placed finish overall suggests he's not part of the problem?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some reyt whingers in this thread

Cheer up - it's sunny!

I was fine until I read a thread about Monk averaging 13 points from 10 games at the start of a season and this was supposed to be good news! 

There is one simply reason why we MUST back Monk. He's the Manager we've got. What other idiot would take on a side already facing a 12 point deficit?

He is the man in position and , although not my choice, he will get my full backing, and any other Wednesday fan should do likewise.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you genuinely think this was a positive?

On average, Monk’s sides earn 13.2 points from their opening 10 games in the Premier League and Championship

Whats important - is how long it will take to be out of the bottom 3 - not out of the negative. 

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

The fact that he got that team to a 17th placed finish overall suggests he's not part of the problem?

You were happy with 17th last season? Happy that after 23 games we were 3rd but in the next 23 that followed we were 23rd? Shows a downward trend without any sustained period of success, as been the case in most of his jobs. 

The performances in 2020 have been as bad as the results suggest, his tactics shown no positive signs and his half-time substitutions reflect his inability to get it right from the off. 

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

An average of 13.2 points from 10 games when starting a season as manager of a club - from a manager whose teams have a tendency to have a downturn in the 2nd half of a season, if he makes it that far.

Id not read this when I posted mine

Incredible

43 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Assuming that Wednesday will need to win 62 points to stay up then that requires 1.35 points per game, so 13.2 from 10 games sounds crap but actually it’s almost on target.

38 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

There is one simply reason why we MUST back Monk. He's the Manager we've got. What other idiot would take on a side already facing a 12 point deficit?

He is the man in position and , although not my choice, he will get my full backing, and any other Wednesday fan should do likewise.

Hopefully **** will not be there much longer.

If he is still there at the beginning of the season let's hope the plastic cut-outs do give the team their full support.

Lots of candidates to take on a job as well paid as is our man.

Points deduction completely irrelevant when you are doing the job of your dreams and getting paid tens of thousands to do it. 

6 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Assuming that Wednesday will need to win 62 points to stay up then that requires 1.35 points per game, so 13.2 from 10 games sounds crap but actually it’s almost on target.

Almost good enough, high praise indeed! have you taken into account the tendency for Monk teams to get less points in the second half of the season? 

52 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

No idea mate. Those 2 teams probably have aspirations of promotion and don't see Mick giving them the free flowing team they want? He may have turned offers down? I suspect his reputation limits the type of club that will come in for him?

Aye,those two teams with aspirations of promotion have appointed untried assistant managers to the full time gig,i'll tell ya summat,those Bristol city fans who were on a high thinking they were getting Chris Hughton aren't overly enthusiastic about their appointment.same for Bournemouth fans about theirs,but i read very few mentioning Mick McCarthy as being the answer either,he's yesterdays man.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Aye,those two teams with aspirations of promotion have appointed untried assistant managers to the full time gig,i'll tell ya summat,those Bristol city fans who were on a high thinking they were getting Chris Hughton aren't overly enthusiastic about their appointment.same for Bournemouth fans about theirs,but i read very few mentioning Mick McCarthy as being the answer either,he's yesterdays man.

I reckon hughton spoke to Bristol City to get his name out there in the hope of getting a premier gig.

Bournemouth could be a train crash if they're not careful.

I think Mick will become a Warnock, saving teams from relegation towards the end of a season.

2 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I reckon hughton spoke to Bristol City to get his name out there in the hope of getting a premier gig.

Bournemouth could be a train crash if they're not careful.

I think Mick will become a Warnock, saving teams from relegation towards the end of a season.

So he will end up at us when Monk inevitably makes a hash of it then? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Show us a 'Monk out' post of yours from Xmas..