Factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us safely out of the -12 deduction

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

There are enough sources to make your own mind up,i have........Same Players dropped by 2 different Managers,one Player openly alleging another isnt training hard enough...A Player who is regularly allegedly injured around Xmas....others who are allegedly 'injured' when dropped through loss of form,and dont want to sit on the bench...One player who refused to play a match, and others who have an unexplained alleged loss of form..numerous hints abound,without it being said openly.

Thats as good as it gets,that and the Managers own   statements on the  issues at S6.Press too have hinted at the reasons behind the  alleged problems.   Wednesday boss Garry Monk has repeatedly questioned the attitude and culture at the club, admitting in his post-match press conference after the 5-0 defeat at Brentford that until it changes the club ‘will never, ever be successful’.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-fernando-forestieri-isnt-working-hard-enough-place-owls-first-team-says-barry-bannan-1327314

Carlton Palmer:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/theyre-too-comfortable-sheffield-wednesday-legend-carlton-palmer-blasts-attitude-modern-players-2864316

Andy Hinchcliffe

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/former-sheffield-wednesday-defender-slams-players-and-admits-relegation-concerns-2445058

To name a few,so no,not just 'those on here'

I'd take what Carlton Palmer says with a pinch of salt, he thinks he played against John Terry in the 90's and Ryan Giggs in the league cup final.

As for the comments after the Brentford game from Monk and Hinchcliffe - this was long after he had got rd of Westwood and Hutchinson. 11 of the players in the squad that day are still with the club now and 3 of the others, Fletcher, Murphy and Fox were our best performers last season so Monk needs to be able to get better from these players in terms of attitude and performance, he is the one managing them, it is his responsibility to change it. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd take what Carlton Palmer says with a pinch of salt, he thinks he played against John Terry in the 90's and Ryan Giggs in the league cup final.

As for the comments after the Brentford game from Monk and Hinchcliffe - this was long after he had got rd of Westwood and Hutchinson. 11 of the players in the squad that day are still with the club now and 3 of the others, Fletcher, Murphy and Fox were our best performers last season so Monk needs to be able to get better from these players in terms of attitude and performance, he is the one managing them, it is his responsibility to change it. 

Like i said,people must make up their own mind,there are sources out there,other than 'Owlstalk' opinion........

21 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

A. Your first post intimated that i said we should spend ALL our money on players....  I never did. I'd rather you didn't misquote me.
B. Your first line makes absolutely no sense at all

However, my thoughts re staff v players is that we have an abundance of staff, and are a few players short. I'd like to see us pick up a few more to fill the obvious gaps.

keepitsteel89 said:
"Good that Beattie is leaving Brum he can get strikers firing" 

you "Another gravytrain bring in for someone at the club.

Just exactly what success has Beattie had ?Brum certainly tore up the division last year eh ? lol"

me mmm..and you feel in signing him as a coach that would hinder the club right now?

you "Better spending money on a young player than a failed coach"

me "You feel rather than get in more backroom staff we should invest all the money in players? Interesting "

you "I'm trying to see where i said all.... oh... that's right... fkin nowhere."

me "So your problem with the new staff are that we should be spending the money on players instead of contracts for the new staff (your words not mine), but you have no problem with spending money on wages for staff? Seen as "fkin nowhere" did you say we should invest all the money in players instead of staff..Just trying to comprehend your arguments"

you "A. Your first post intimated that i said we should spend ALL our money on players....  I never did. I'd rather you didn't misquote me.

However, my thoughts re staff v players is that we have an abundance of staff, and are a few players short. I'd like to see us pick up a few more to fill the obvious gaps."

me -laughs and goes to sleep

4 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

keepitsteel89 said:
"Good that Beattie is leaving Brum he can get strikers firing" 

you "Another gravytrain bring in for someone at the club.

Just exactly what success has Beattie had ?Brum certainly tore up the division last year eh ? lol"

me mmm..and you feel in signing him as a coach that would hinder the club right now?

you "Better spending money on a young player than a failed coach"

me "You feel rather than get in more backroom staff we should invest all the money in players? Interesting "

you "I'm trying to see where i said all.... oh... that's right... fkin nowhere."

me "So your problem with the new staff are that we should be spending the money on players instead of contracts for the new staff (your words not mine), but you have no problem with spending money on wages for staff? Seen as "fkin nowhere" did you say we should invest all the money in players instead of staff..Just trying to comprehend your arguments"

you "A. Your first post intimated that i said we should spend ALL our money on players....  I never did. I'd rather you didn't misquote me.

However, my thoughts re staff v players is that we have an abundance of staff, and are a few players short. I'd like to see us pick up a few more to fill the obvious gaps."

me -laughs and goes to sleep

Are you for phooking real lol

As I said.... When did i say ALL our money  I'd keep off the drugs pal. 

6 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Are you for phooking real lol

As I said.... When did i say ALL our money  I'd keep off the drugs pal. 

So whats your problem with the new staff then? Because at the time you wrote "Another gravytrain bring in for someone at the club. Just exactly what success has Beattie had ?Brum certainly tore up the division last year eh ?" and "Better spending money on a young player than a failed coach" we had not signed any new staff, and were operating with a manager, a first team coach, and a GK coach...

So I am still trying to figure out what your problem is lol..

On 11/08/2020 at 13:35, quinnssweetshop said:

The FACTS are. ( Using your own benchmark )
As you say

FACTS

he is the worst manager we have had in  many years.

history.jpg

Based on these figures, his average points per game last season over the 44 games he was in charge was 1.2045454545 per game,  meaning 55.409090907 total when averaged over a full season. 

Yes, if that same form continues into this coming season that would put us on 43 points and nearly guarantee relegation, unless there are 3 whipping teams ala Derby in the worst record ever in premier league history. 

HOWEVER, let's not forget that there was clearly some behind the scenes issues going off which clearly affected performance. 

Players on big contracts coming to the end ego knew they were not getting renewed, players just coasting knowing they were safe from relegation and no chance of promotion. Players not favoured by the manager. The end of a cushy number for many. 

If Monk can chalk up 6 points on the board after 10 games (18) and continue that form (1.8 per game), with attacking positive Football then we should be happy. 36 * 1.8 = 64.8 plus 6 points = 70.8 (70/71). This would have seen us in 6th/7th this last season dependent upon GD. 

Who knows, this gk coach may see huge development in Dawson and Kirkland and Beattie may be able to unlock something in Rhodes. As for the other coach, ex u23's across the city, he clearly knows how to bring on younger talent. We may just have a lot better season than many are expecting. Siege mentality. 

Let's get behind them, hopefully the stadium will be open to fans soon. 

Come on you Owls. It's great to be the underdogs, it's when we've always been at our best historically as opposed to being amongst the favourites. 

• Like 1

The reason we have been so poor since the 2016/17 season is entirely down to the money wasted on bringing in players and paying them huge wages, when they lacked either the commitment, the talent, or the fitness levels required to improve the team.

We wasted over £150M on transfer fees, wages, agents fees and player loans, with 50 plus players moving through the club, just to end up with a tiny squad of players, some already here, some loan players and just £15M worth of players (out of the £150M), that were prepared to dig in and battle for Monk after the lock down. If Monk can boost those numbers this summer with more players who are willing to do that for the club, I will be happy to watch it. Better that, than watching rip off merchants who only come to the club because they got bigger wages and all the agents got a bigger payout, than they could anywhere else.

Back Monk Chansiri and let him build us a fit, ambitious team, that will battle and fight for every point. We have a few players with finesse and can add a few more, but they all need to show the same attitude that we showed in those last games, where we took the game to the opposition and hopefully with the right players we can overturn the 12 points and keeping building for the future.

UTO! 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly
  • Love 1

I tell you what. If DC had given Carlos £8M to spend on the players Carlos wanted, instead of taking the stupid gamble on Rhodes, things could have turned out very differently. 

Jos was brought in as a fall guy, we had no money to spend, the rot was there in the squad for all to see and we were going nowhere.

So much pressure was put on Bruce to come, when he obviously didn't fancy it and he jumped ship as soon as he realised we were going to struggle all season with so many contracts ending, an EFL points deduction coming and no money to spend.

So the knee jerkers jump on Monks back when the players realise that the club is in trouble, they are going to lose their dream wages and they are not prepared to dig in for the club and fight for our survival!

All the adulation that FF got for one and a half good seasons and he only joined us because we offered him more than l**ds. He soon stopped kissing the badge and packed his bags despite all his so called love for us.

All the adulation that Fletcher got and he too packed his bags after pocketing the £6M-8M we paid him, refusing to extend his contract and play after sitting on the sick bench and his settee for another big chunk of a season. He even turned down playing for Celtic, preferring another big wad of money from Stoke. 

These players and others like them have benefitted more than SWFC have from their years at the club. Time for change and Monk will be the first to be given the chance to start building a new team and the knee jerkers are still out for the man who is attempting to put things right!

Classic Owlstalk!

UTO!  

• Love 1

On 15/08/2020 at 12:20, parajack said:

There are enough sources to make your own mind up,i have........Same Players dropped by 2 different Managers,one Player openly alleging another isnt training hard enough...A Player who is regularly allegedly injured around Xmas....others who are allegedly 'injured' when dropped through loss of form,and dont want to sit on the bench...One player who refused to play a match, and others who have an unexplained alleged loss of form..numerous hints abound,without it being said openly.

Thats as good as it gets,that and the Managers own   statements on the  issues at S6.Press too have hinted at the reasons behind the  alleged problems.   Wednesday boss Garry Monk has repeatedly questioned the attitude and culture at the club, admitting in his post-match press conference after the 5-0 defeat at Brentford that until it changes the club ‘will never, ever be successful’.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-fernando-forestieri-isnt-working-hard-enough-place-owls-first-team-says-barry-bannan-1327314

Carlton Palmer:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/theyre-too-comfortable-sheffield-wednesday-legend-carlton-palmer-blasts-attitude-modern-players-2864316

Andy Hinchcliffe

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/former-sheffield-wednesday-defender-slams-players-and-admits-relegation-concerns-2445058

To name a few,so no,not just 'those on here'

So many 'experts' on here who know the truth, when Monk is just a footnote and we have moved on perhaps they will give it a rest.

• Like 1