Factual reason to fully back Garry Monk to get us safely out of the -12 deduction

So the knives are already sharpened....according to most on this forum...

So the question for me is what point will Monk actually gain some support from Wednesdayites ?  Christmas? 4games in and 4wins?

i mean, bearing in mind it is as clear as DAY Monk isn’t going ANYWHERE!

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Show us a 'Monk out' post of yours from Xmas..

Of course I didn't want him out at Christmas.

Half a season is a long time in football, especially when you see your side secure 1 home win in that time and pick up 17 points from 23 games, less than all but 1 sides in the division.

He had the same squad to pick from in the second half, plus the players he brought to the club in January, and presided over some of the most inept performances I have ever seen from us at this level.

6 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

So the knives are already sharpened....according to most on this forum...

So the question for me is what point will Monk actually gain some support from Wednesdayites ?  Christmas? 4games in and 4wins?

i mean, bearing in mind it is as clear as DAY Monk isn’t going ANYWHERE!

The players and club have my full support every time they play. It's not as if fans turn up singing Monk out before a ball has been kicked.

Away from the pitch though, in analysis of what has been served up I'll put my opinion across, not sure what is to be gained from blindly supporting something that isn't working. I'm not abusive, just base my opinion on what I have seen. For a couple of games post lockdown the signs were promising but in the end we reverted to type, conceding lots of goals and not looking like scoring enough at home. The new formation and approach didn't yield better results, I haven't seen much sign of him being able to do anything productive. 

35 minutes ago, parajack said:

Show us a 'Monk out' post of yours from Xmas..

Someone did this either earlier in this thread or in another

and i don't see the relevance of the remark, the disaster was the second half of the season not the first, although the football was dire even then

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

and i don't see the relevance of the remark, the disaster was the second half of the season not the first, although the football was dire even then

Did you say the football was dire during the first half of the season, at the time?

Edited by GLOwl
Changed response

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Half a season is a long time in football, especially when you see your side secure 1 home win in that time and pick up 17 points from 23 games, less than all but 1 sides in the division.

He had the same squad to pick from in the second half, plus the players he brought to the club in January, and presided over some of the most inept performances I have ever seen from us at this level.

Yes he did, & he also spelled out what was behind those performances,and why it had to change.Started before his time,left Jos having to pick youngsters(Jos out of his depth agreed,would have gone anyway,but unable to turn around an alleged toxic dressing room.) 

Ageing,sometimes injury prone Players  on over long fat contracts in many cases,coming to the end of said contracts,and in my view allegedly 'dummy sothers unwilling to stay and help the Club....others 'out of form' all the time or allegedly 'injured'(sic)..others frankly simply not good enough in my view.....Yes Monk did preside over it,and he called them out......It needed doing...Blame the people responsible,those on the pitch....(or off if they allegedly couldn't/wouldn't play) Monk made it clear the S6 gravy train was ending for the alleged 'click' & they didn't like it....

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

Did you say the football was dire during the first half of the season, at the time?

Yes, are you saying you enjoyed the way we played up to Christmas, the only saving grace was the league position

How ever if he can replicate the dire football for a full season and win matches, we wont go down, so i would be happy with that next season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

NO mate they didnt,they posted a critique of theirs of some of the tactics,and some of the players.They also included an alleged endorsement of the Manager in their own cut & paste.Credibilty is the issue,we all agree on the poor performances etc & dire results.If you didnt like or want Monk from the get go,and were saying so consistently throughout the season,thats one thing.Blaming him for the alleged toxic dressing room failure is another

Some blame Monk,others Mr Chansiri,and some like me hold the Players responsible

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Almost good enough, high praise indeed! have you taken into account the tendency for Monk teams to get less points in the second half of the season? 

I’d be surprised if we have to worry about Monk’s second half of the season performance, in fact I’d be surprised if we get to find out whether he can achieve 13.2 points from 10 games but you never know, he should have been gone in March.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fletcher getting injured in January hurt us badly - our only decent striker.

18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Monk won 2 games in the 2nd half of the season, I have zero faith in him what so ever.

At a well run club he would have been sacked months ago.

Sadly these facts seem lost on some on here mate. Monk has one of the worst records of any Wednesday manager ever. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Fletcher getting injured in January hurt us badly - our only decent striker.

Of course it hurt us and meant we were less likely to win games and less likely to hold the ball up as well but you have to adapt. You can't blame conceding 2 goals per game for half a season and being out of games by half-time so often on the loss of one striker.

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Monk won 2 games in the 2nd half of the season, I have zero faith in him what so ever.

Covid saved his job..no doubt about it imo

35 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sadly these facts seem lost on some on here mate. Monk has one of the worst records of any Wednesday manager ever. 

He couldn't take 12 points in the entire 2nd half of the season and we are expecting him to get 62+ points minimum for us to achieve safety, call me sceptical but I can't see it and what's more we are wasting another glorious opportunity to sort this club out.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Quote: 'At a well run club'    ???   Whats to  add?

28 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Covid saved his job..no doubt about it imo

I'm just glad he used the time to work out what was wrong and came back stronger when football returned......

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The players and club have my full support every time they play. It's not as if fans turn up singing Monk out before a ball has been kicked.

Away from the pitch though, in analysis of what has been served up I'll put my opinion across, not sure what is to be gained from blindly supporting something that isn't working. I'm not abusive, just base my opinion on what I have seen. For a couple of games post lockdown the signs were promising but in the end we reverted to type, conceding lots of goals and not looking like scoring enough at home. The new formation and approach didn't yield better results, I haven't seen much sign of him being able to do anything productive. 

The Players did yeah,totally agree,cant blame Monk for seasoned pro's deciding to consistently choose the wrong ball to play,give away needless penalties,and have consistent 'loss of form' or 'injurys' throughout the second half of the season....Monk doesnt Coach that...does he? doesnt coach players to be unable to play the 90 minutes out,without conceding needless goals.Play sloppy pass's,not allegedly track back,and make the opponents work for their goal scoring chances..

I have no idea if Monk is the Manager to turn around Wednesdays fortunes.....i just know he is not the cause of them

• Like 1