Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

I have decided, there should be a pledge for anyone wanting Monk out.  

It's quite simple, you will declare that no matter what, you will back the new manager for a minimum of three years, that is a long-term commitment and allows the new man to get his stuff together to turn Wednesday around.  If we get relegated, then he's still our man as there is a bigger picture to look at.  If we lose 18-0 to the Blades Reserves in some cup or other, he's still our man.

If he has £0 to spend, or a player gets sent off, or a player scores an own goal, or the goalie lets in a soft goal, or the striker misses a sitter, or misses a penalty, you will not blame the manager.

You guarantee that you will not change your mind, that you will not place demands on a manager change for three years, you will not blame Chansiri for hiring (or not firing) him and that you will support the new manager at all times.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed it not like we report back in just 10 days and start the new season in 6 weeks.

We have release 12 players, we have a first team squad of just 16 players that included 3 keepers and 4 kids.

We need some positivity into the club, with the chairman doing such a great job of sucking the life out of everyone. We don't need to club staying quiet and leaving everything to the last minute we have apparently been planning for this summer rebuild since January. Yet from the outside looking in it just looks like the same apathy as usual.

What can the club say until a deal is over the line?

In an ideal world, we'd have signed all the players we want within minutes of the season ending, but the real world doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. Deals take time, negotiations drag on, many fall through.

As you say, you're on the outside looking in - you have absolutely no idea which players we've been in contact with, or how those talks might be progressing.

I'm still not sure how you can turn the fact we've signed one player within a fortnight of last season ending (for us, I mean - it officially finishes this evening, of course) into a stick with which to beat the manager?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What can the club say until a deal is over the line?

In an ideal world, we'd have signed all the players we want within minutes of the season ending, but the real world doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. Deals take time, negotiations drag on, many fall through.

As you say, you're on the outside looking in - you have absolutely no idea which players we've been in contact with, or how those talks might be progressing.

I'm still not sure how you can turn the fact we've signed one player within a fortnight of last season ending (for us, I mean - it officially finishes this evening, of course) into a stick with which to beat the manager?

We have release 12 players 

We have just 2 weeks max before the players are back for preseason, we don't have enough players to form a team currently our only striker option is a bloke who the manager does not play. The manager wants to play a 3-5-2 but has no wingback at the club.

We need to instill a mentality to try and keep us up next season, waiting until the end of the transfer window to bring in a few loans after we have got even further adrift is not the way.

This is not a normal preseason we have 6 weeks, before the new season starts if players are not in the club on day one of preseason we are in trouble. Remember Monk excuse why we were so bad last season because he didn't get a preseason with the players. 

We need some positivity at the club and a glimmer of belief that we can stay up next season. 

If you give the fans and players some hope it can go a long way to improving the club.

Monk got players giving everything for him at Birmingham .... and overhauled a 9 point deduction ... so he is clearly capable. Let's remember 4 yes FOUR  managers before Monk have failed with the same squad of which none were recruited by him ....Lets not forget even Bullen spat out the dummy and said he couldn't work this them and it needed a different manager - so clearly showed there was an underlying problem with certain players!!

So yes, let's hope Monk is able to get the same team bonding that he had at Birmingham and that players will start to run through brick walls for him ...

I hope our fans start being positive rather than negative (i know it's hard) ... as we know confidence off the pitch and in the stands transfers to confidence on the pitch (like with Carlos' dream) ...

Anyway, I have four years left on my season ticket so I'll be there (assuming fans are let back in)

Edited by S25OWL
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

You been hitting the drink early today,??

Nobody needs drink to be optimistic, just belief.  Some on here should try it, makes life much more enjoyable.

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Correct. Chansiri may be responsible for the -12 but the shear mess we are in on the field is totally down to monk. He has had ample time to change things around in a professional manner and get a style in place. What has he done, made us worse everywhere. All this he’s not had the ample tools is rubbish he’s been here a year and he nearly took us down with players who could have pushed for the playoffs. Anyone who thinks we’re staying up with him in charge next year is deluded 

MONK OUT 

Monk is the 4th coach to have failed with the same group of players.

So who is at fault?.

• Like 3

There has been no evidence in the last 8 months that Monk can consistently get us to perform. It’s been down hill at full speed. I’m all for belief and getting behind the manager but no one can deny he has some serious improvement to make and quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

Monk got players giving everything for him at Birmingham .... and overhauled a 9 point deduction ... so he is clearly capable. Let's remember 4 yes FOUR  managers before Monk have failed with the same squad of which none were recruited by him ....Lets not forget even Bullen spat out the dummy and said he couldn't work this them and it needed a different manager - so clearly showed there was an underlying problem with certain players!!

So yes, let's hope Monk is able to get the same team bonding that he had at Birmingham and that players will start to run through brick walls for him ...

I hope our fans start being positive rather than negative (i know it's hard) ... as we know confidence off the pitch and in the stands transfers to confidence on the pitch (like with Carlos' dream) ...

Anyway, I have four years left on my season ticket so I'll be there (assuming fans are let back in)

When did Monk "overhaul" a 9 point deduction?

They were midtable and got moved to lower midtable, and despite your assertion that he had the squad running through brick walls,  they won 2 of their last 12 games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Whoever is the coach he has a hard job on his hands to build a squad to challenge this coming season.

Any who thinks we will bother the top 6 needs their bumps feeling, at the best a top half finish.

Then continue the rebuild next summer and, hopefully, push on from there

Guest Therealrealist
22 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Nobody needs drink to be optimistic, just belief.  Some on here should try it, makes life much more enjoyable.

Realism is more important than belief

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's going nowhere

Hopefully our fans will start to realise this, that it will dawn on them, and that they'll start to cry about Monk less and start getting 100% behind him because god knows we need that right now

Going to Bournemouth 👀 

Guest Therealrealist
20 minutes ago, Striggy said:

No it isn't

It is..if your realistic about stuff you wont get too down when we have a crap season..if you believe we are goin to sign great players and get promoted you will be gutted this time next year..and you will look silly

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We have release 12 players 

We have just 2 weeks max before the players are back for preseason, we don't have enough players to form a team currently our only striker option is a bloke who the manager does not play. The manager wants to play a 3-5-2 but has no wingback at the club.

We need to instill a mentality to try and keep us up next season, waiting until the end of the transfer window to bring in a few loans after we have got even further adrift is not the way.

This is not a normal preseason we have 6 weeks, before the new season starts if players are not in the club on day one of preseason we are in trouble. Remember Monk excuse why we were so bad last season because he didn't get a preseason with the players. 

We need some positivity at the club and a glimmer of belief that we can stay up next season. 

If you give the fans and players some hope it can go a long way to improving the club.

None of what you've written negates the fact that transfer dealings take time, nor that you have no idea what deals we're currently trying to negotiate.

If I thought the club were resting on their laurels, thinking everything is rosy, then I'd join you in panicking and suggesting that the manager needs to get started, but I simply don't believe that for a second. We've already signed one player and have been linked with several more in the press.

If we want to prioritise ease and speed of signing above all else, I'm sure we could fill the squad with a load of dross by the end of the day; if we want to make sure we sign the right players who can make the difference in this crucial transfer window, then we'll need to be more pragmatic.

Players we're in discussions with will most likely have other offers on the table; their agents may be playing clubs off against each other to try to bump up their client's wages; they probably wanted to wait and see which division we'd be in before progressing any further with talks; clubs might be waiting for other deals to fall into place before committing to selling a particular player in order to avoid leaving themselves short; etc...

There have been 18 signings made by ten of the 24 Championship clubs so far this summer, and we've made one of them.

You can kick up a fuss about it on here all you like, but you're not living in the real world if you seriously think we should have made a raft of signings by now.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1