Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Imagine trying to repair a F1 car without

Any replacement parts

Money to buy any

Pit crew to help 

and the clock ticking.

Plus you start the next race a lap behind everyone else.

And the owner of that F1 team is a tuna fisherman who’s cooked the books and won’t take any advice.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

He’s brought it all on himself and we are the ones that will suffer from it.

Get him out.

MONK OUT

Correct. Chansiri may be responsible for the -12 but the shear mess we are in on the field is totally down to monk. He has had ample time to change things around in a professional manner and get a style in place. What has he done, made us worse everywhere. All this he’s not had the ample tools is rubbish he’s been here a year and he nearly took us down with players who could have pushed for the playoffs. Anyone who thinks we’re staying up with him in charge next year is deluded 

MONK OUT 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Think this is why we need a manager in place that all fans can get behind. Someone who will get some slack during the dark moments of next season because we buy into the bigger picture they are trying to make. I’m afraid to say Monk is not that man in my eyes at least.

Fans are fickle, there's no "getting behind" a manager, if the team win they are great, if the team lose they are poo.   If they lose two in a row, they're doubly poo.  if they lose three in a row, they're more than doubly poo and should be sacked now, right now, in fact should have been sacked before the first defeat.  

We can pretend all we like that we're prepared to sit through dross for the bigger picture* under a new manager, but in general, fans will not be prepared.  After the fourth defeat, the new Manager X will not be the man we all get behind. 

*Note: some of us are prepared for the long-haul and always have been, which is why we insist it's the right thing to allow Monk his time, his targets, his staff to make a go of it.   That seems to a very unpopular thing among these parts.  Getting behind a manager, looking at the bigger picture and all that.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

*Note: some of us are prepared for the long-haul and always have been, which is why we insist it's the right thing to allow Monk his time, his targets, his staff to make a go of it.   That seems to a very unpopular thing among these parts.  Getting behind a manager, looking at the bigger picture and all that.

I'm with you

He's not been given a fair crack (to put it mildly) and changing our manager every time we go on a poor run of form is just naive

I'm with you on this one - back hm

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Internet forums are by nature a little bi polar, but increasingly seems the negative viewpoint more vociferous.

Monk is staying, let's get on with rebuilding the squad and getting behind the manager and the club, no need for sniping at every opportunity or scapegoats. 

Next season is going to be difficult, needs the club and fans to be unified. Yes, at times the club make that difficult, but we as fans need to do our job in good conscience.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Internet forums are by nature a little bi polar, but increasingly seems the negative viewpoint more vociferous.

On the flip side when the team/club is doing well the positive viewpoint is the majority

Anyone coming onto a forum at the moment after a 12 point deduction and the season we've had looking for 'All praise Chansiri' is naive to say the least.

It goes with the flow, positive when things are good, and critical when things are tricky

People are people

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's not been given a fair crack (to put it mildly) and changing our manager every time we go on a poor run of form is just naive

If he goes on a poor run of form early next season then surely the panic button will be pressed. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the flip side when the team/club is doing well the positive viewpoint is the majority

Anyone coming onto a forum at the moment after a 12 point deduction and the season we've had looking for 'All praise Chansiri' is naive to say the least.

It goes with the flow, positive when things are good, and critical when things are tricky

People are people

Has your agency just acquired a Depeche Mode tribute band or something?

You just can't get enough.

• Haha 2

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Has your agency just acquired a Depeche Mode tribute band or something?

You just can't get enough.

On a serious note any Depeche Mode fans out there should definitely check out 'forced to mode' on YouTube

They're a German tribute band and the absolute best one out there 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Think this is why we need a manager in place that all fans can get behind. Someone who will get some slack during the dark moments of next season because we buy into the bigger picture they are trying to make. I’m afraid to say Monk is not that man in my eyes at least.

lol

good luck with that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We played our final game of last season less than two weeks ago and it's only four days since we had confirmation that we'll be playing in the Championship next season.

We also have no idea what deals the club might be trying to negotiate behind closed doors.

'Where are the new players'!?

:duntmatter:

A bit more realism might be required, methinks.

Unless you're just looking for any old stick to beat Monk with, in which case...carry on.

Indeed it not like we report back in just 10 days and start the new season in 6 weeks.

We have release 12 players, we have a first team squad of just 16 players that included 3 keepers and 4 kids.

We need some positivity into the club, with the chairman doing such a great job of sucking the life out of everyone. We don't need to club staying quiet and leaving everything to the last minute we have apparently been planning for this summer rebuild since January. Yet from the outside looking in it just looks like the same apathy as usual.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People are people

I agree (although commenting on a Monk thread, not Chansiri thread), but the negativity does get a bit boring at times (yes I know I don't have to look) and different viewpoints are what makes the site so interesting to fans.

I just dont like the divisive direction of travel at times, much rather try and look for any positives there may be. Hey, but that's me, I dont tend to wallow in misery too long, everyone is different.

It's a genuine delight to see a thread about a new player linked these days, a welcome distraction, although generally only takes a few replies for someone to announce 'he's poo' 😀

• Haha 1

Think Monk needs a good start to next season to get the fans behind him.

If from first 5 games we can get 10 points then supporters can see we have a very good chance of stopping up will hopefully create a siege mentality of Us v The World.

But going to be very difficult to get decent players to come and gel them in time with the close season being very short.

Think some fans have already made they mind uo about Monk and he will probably need promotion to win a minority of fans over.