Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I couldnt comment on him spotting a player "when we were third" as he didn`t have the chance till January.

As for motivation , do i really have to list the performances where we looked flat as a f@rt ?

And yes..... i was cautiously optimistic.........unfortunately up to now it would seem my optimism was ill founded.

What 'chance' realistically did he have in January? and TBH i dont think our recruitment from what was available was too bad,some worked,some didnt,...thats the way it goes on a very limited budget.Bottom line we kept in the Championship.We both post with passion,but take differing views.

I respect your opinion,but you must also with respect,respect my right to differ.I agree many of our performances were below standard,poor,& at times in my view downright embarrassing.Monk didnt ;Coach; that,experienced Championship pro's making basic errors in front of goal,and losing us games.

Players giving away needless penaltys....& so on..

WE agree on the end product,but disagree on the reason why The people on the pitch,during the 90 mins +..You hold Monk responsible, hold the Players responsible.....We only see what happens on the pitch,not what happens(or has happened) in the dressing room,or behind closed doors...we can not know the full picture.

Thats why i respected Monk for publicly 'calling out' the alleged people causing it,& why i want him to have a fair, yes fair chance at turning it around thats all.This close to the season starting,its just too big an ask to bring in a New Manager.

Very much looks like we are going down the young, unknown youth route with our recruitment, something I for one am happy about.

It's clear the most sustainable way to be a competitive Championship club and eventually get out of this league (for non parachute payment clubs) is to get lucky in the transfer market and end up selling a few prospects for silly money. We need to offset the costs of building a competitive side. Bruce & Jos both knew this, hopefully DC now does also.

How's about we give our current manager a chance to see if he can do this?

This needs 3 or 4 transfer windows and medium term planning, let's at least give the bloke 1 window with no background noise of the EFL incompetence and interference.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How much did you lose when you and your mates placed bets on him signing for Bournemouth Jim?

Not much. I’ll cover it with a bet on the first championship manager to lose his job. I’ve got a good idea on who to take a punt on? 😉

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Confused is how I’d describe my feelings towards supporting Wednesday these days.  Pretty much everything about the club confuses me, least of all is having a manager who hasn’t got his own coaching staff. Now as basics of running a team go, I would have thought that was one of them.  But I don’t know as much as Chansiri about running a successful football club