Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

This summer of rebuilding Monk has been talking about any chance he could start before the new season starts.

Where are the new players, are the unwanted players Westwood, Reach, Rhodes being actively marketed out of the club or do we just run their contracts down costing us another £5m.

Other than the kid from Man City who is yet to play a first team game nothing has happened once again. We have so many gaps in the team and preseason starts in less than 2 weeks.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Has his contract been extended as I thought it was only until end of the season just ended? 

The reason this question is being asked is the root thing that is wrong at S6.

Communication from day 1 of DC's reign is next to nothing to zero.

Knock yourselves out and keep guessing

Wait while we are paying Prem prices for div 1 football

Thats when my tenure of my seat with a season ticket ends

Edited by owlsdreamer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Think this is why we need a manager in place that all fans can get behind. Someone who will get some slack during the dark moments of next season because we buy into the bigger picture they are trying to make. I’m afraid to say Monk is not that man in my eyes at least.

Who will the fans get behind and for how long?

Given the trying times and problems we face how long does a manager get before he’s roundly turned upon and deemed not good enough. I mean Monk isn’t perfect but this thread alone highlights that he’s not been given the tools to succeed and yet ‘we need a manager in place fans can get behind’. 

Not sure anyone does better in circumstances, or more to point not sure anyone gets our support during these tough times. We’re simply too demanding and expectations are too high despite twenty or so years of shybo! 

• Like 2

It looks like he has been handed a very, very tough gig now, but in a bizarre way that takes the pressure off him directly. Very few people expect him to do well under the current circumstances, so even a moderate level of success next season will be seen as a terrific achievement.

That being said, none of us know exactly how the finances will work going forward, so he could yet have a bit more to play with than most seem to think at present.

Just now, Philb125 said:

Who will the fans get behind and for how long?

Given the trying times and problems we face how long does a manager get before he’s roundly turned upon and deemed not good enough. I mean Monk isn’t perfect but this thread alone highlights that he’s not been given the tools to succeed and yet ‘we need a manager in place fans can get behind’. 

Not sure anyone does better in circumstances, or more to point not sure anyone gets our support during these tough times. We’re simply too demanding and expectations are too high despite twenty or so years of shybo! 

I actually agree Monk hasn’t had the tools but he’s already tarnished his reputation that’s more my point. The form since Christmas has been abysmal and it wouldn’t take long for that to rear it’s head again when results start going south next season. At least a new manager get a fresh start. As for who would depend on who wants it probably. Nigel Pearson Or Eddie Howe would be my choice but both unrealistic unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Think this is why we need a manager in place that all fans can get behind. Someone who will get some slack during the dark moments of next season because we buy into the bigger picture they are trying to make. I’m afraid to say Monk is not that man in my eyes at least.

I don’t see us attracting a decent manager under the current circumstances.

I think if Monk leaves it’ll be Bullen