Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm serious

What are you on about???

When was the last time a manager issued some kind of random unexpected rallying call statement during his holidays and closed season?

When has that EVER happened at any club with ANY manager?

Alright I’m wrong then. It’s not as if it’s a normal close season for a variety of reasons. They’re back at work next week and Monk himself said he wasn’t taking much of, if any holiday in one of his pre-match press conferences. 

Lets’s face it every PC, he was asked about the EFL charge. You’re telling me that the local media don’t want a response from him? Anyway I’m sure we’ll be treated to a response at some stage?

10 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He's had 46 games and for half a season its been pathetic!

I have zero confidence in this manager! He's got a worse record than Luhkay! He should be shown the door and unless there is a dramatic turn around and I mean dramatic, we are in for the same rubbish next season!

Get rid, he's already proved he isn't capable!

If they do then fine. I wouldn't be complaining about it. But who now is going to come here any better and deal with all the stuff Monk already knows all about. 

He deserves the chance to put things right without the threat of a points deduction over the heads of everyone at the club as I do think that made a massive difference to the performances after xmas.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

They’re back at work next week and Monk himself said he wasn’t taking much of, if any holiday

What a guy

Cares, puts 100% effort in, makes improvement, cleans out the bad eggs, signs young exciting talent, isn't afraid to experiment and improve things

Back him and support him instead of demanding he does a press conference / statement just so you can batter him for  THAT too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Jim,come on,you can't/don't really expect the manager to front up and say owt do ya,it's not him that needs to say owt.besides there may be areason he caan't.

You might be right mate. That said he’s going to be the one at the sharp end next season and in line to receive the most criticism whether it’s deserved or not?

Edited by Jim

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Alright I’m wrong then. It’s not as if it’s a normal close season for a variety of reasons. They’re back at work next week and Monk himself said he wasn’t taking much of, if any holiday in one of his pre-match press conferences. 

Lets’s face it every PC, he was asked about the EFL charge. You’re telling me that the local media don’t want a response from him? Anyway I’m sure we’ll be treated to a response at some stage?

Maybe the club have told him not to respond.

Just now, Jim said:

You might be right mate. That said he’s going to be the one at the sharp end next season and in line to receive the most critical whether it’s deserved or not?

`He's not deserved the level of criticism you yourself has relentlessly fired his way the last three months mate

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

`He's not deserved the level of criticism you yourself has relentlessly fired his way the last three months mate

In your opinion? I haven’t been on my own in slating Monk. Just like it’s been a turkey shoot on the Chairman here recently. Does he deserve the criticism he’s currently getting? TBH I feel more for the Chairman than Monk. Monk can bugger off at anytime. It is a bit more difficult for the Chairman to do so?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If they do then fine. I wouldn't be complaining about it. But who now is going to come here any better and deal with all the stuff Monk already knows all about. 

He deserves the chance to put things right without the threat of a points deduction over the heads of everyone at the club as I do think that made a massive difference to the performances after xmas.

I don't think he does deserves a chance after performances and results since January, some of the worst football seen at Hillsborough in years!

As for who would come in? I always find that a poor excuse to keep a manager. 4 wins in 23? I reckon me or you could have got the team to win 4 games in 23, so i think anyone who would come in couldn't do worse!

Money talks, Bruce was on apparently £2 million a year!

Personally I'd go get Paul Cook or Jokanovic, even think Struber from Barnsley would be a good shout!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah he has!

Awful football awful results!

Alot of people at the club deserve criticism!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

And we can't wait to read your unbiased, level-headed response when he does.

:duntmatter:

• Love 1

He was an underwhelming appointment I’ll admit and we don’t have much to show for a whole year of football. 

However.. circumstances out of his control with the state of the club, finances, players in the team have been a huge factor if not the leading factor in where we are today. 

Somethings not reyt and to pin it on Monk isn’t right. Imagine being in his position.

Just imagine having to turn up to those interviews week in week out, being asked questions about your job when you haven’t had a fair crack at it. Be enough to send someone off the rails. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Gary Monk finished above Paul Cook this season

Paul Cook's record in the first half of the season is as bad as Garry Monk's second half results

Well, apart from the facts that Wigan got more points in the first half of the season than we did in the second, and over the whole season Wigan achieved 3 more points and a +9 better goal difference on the pitch than we did... 

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Gary Monk finished above Paul Cook this season

Paul Cook's record in the first half of the season is as bad as Garry Monk's second half results

Are you forgetting the 12 point deduction Wigan Recieved?

Paul Cooks Record

Chesterfield - Promoted in first full season

Portsmouth - League Two title in second season!

Wigan - League One title in first season

What has Monk ever achieved? 

Swansea - Sacked

Leeds - Quit

Middlesbrough - Sacked

Birmingham - Sacked

Paul Cook has a CV to back up his methods, what has Monk ever achieved!

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Are you forgetting the 12 point deduction Wigan Recieved?

Paul Cooks Record

Chesterfield - Promoted in first full season

Portsmouth - League Two title in second season!

Wigan - League One title in first season

What has Monk ever achieved? 

Swansea - Sacked

Leeds - Quit

Middlesbrough - Sacked

Birmingham - Sacked

Paul Cook has a CV to back up his methods, what has Monk ever achieved!

Managed in The Premier League
Managed in Europe
Saved Birmingham from relegation during their 9 point deduction

Ps - using the 'sacked' thing is utterly ridiculous

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Managed in Europe

Brian Laws has managed in the Premier League!

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Managed in Europe

Your defence of and bigging up of Monk is getting ever more desperate.

Now he's great because he "managed in Europe? Well yeah he did, but only because another manager got them there the season before. 

He "saved" Birmingham from relegation because he had a midtable side that was deducted points and moved to lower midtable? Yes he inspired them to 2 wins in the final 12 league games. 

• Like 6