Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

He’s got an impossible job for me.

Having to replace 7/8 players in 5/6 weeks with a points deduction, no financial backing, none of his backroom staff and the supporters on your back.

Fair play if he can but I’m really struggling to

be optimistic about next season. 

You make it sound difficult! 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We have release 12 players 

We have just 2 weeks max before the players are back for preseason, we don't have enough players to form a team currently our only striker option is a bloke who the manager does not play. The manager wants to play a 3-5-2 but has no wingback at the club.

We need to instill a mentality to try and keep us up next season, waiting until the end of the transfer window to bring in a few loans after we have got even further adrift is not the way.

This is not a normal preseason we have 6 weeks, before the new season starts if players are not in the club on day one of preseason we are in trouble. Remember Monk excuse why we were so bad last season because he didn't get a preseason with the players. 

We need some positivity at the club and a glimmer of belief that we can stay up next season. 

If you give the fans and players some hope it can go a long way to improving the club.

Just a slight correction to your statement there.

our only striker option is a bloke who all recent managers did not play

The manager wants to play a 3-5-2 but has no wingback at the club. Monk has never stated that and I don't believe he particularly does, it seems to have been forced on him to revert to that due to the players he had at his disposal. He has not played that formation at his previous clubs.

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It is..if your realistic about stuff you wont get too down when we have a crap season..if you believe we are goin to sign great players and get promoted you will be gutted this time next year..and you will look silly

i do not wish for anything, just believe we gonna be alright and give it a go.  I do not get too down if things don't go well, why should i get down by worrying that they may do, much more fun and life pleasing to look forward with enthusiasm. Any way, enjoy the rest of your day, i will.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I hope people don't have short memories!

17 points fro 69

4 wins from 23.

Forget the excuses, that record is inexcusable at any football club!

New season. New players. New ideas. Clean slate.

• Like 4

The silence from him since the points deduction is deafening. I’d have thought he would have been trying to rally everyone now but no? I’ll get slated again for thinking he’s on his way out but I can’t see any other explanation for the silence at the minute?

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I hope people don't have short memories!

17 points fro 69

4 wins from 23.

Forget the excuses, that record is inexcusable at any football club!

That's not his record at Sheffield Wednesday though mate.

Thats just a selected part of his record to try and back up your agenda/stance

You've not put the whole picture in at all

Bit disingenuous that really if we're honest

By all means have a discussion on whether someone is the right fit or not, but doctoring stats to try and win a point is poor form

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Jim said:

And right on cue 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm serious

What are you on about???

When was the last time a manager issued some kind of random unexpected rallying call statement during his holidays and closed season?

When has that EVER happened at any club with ANY manager?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's not his record at Sheffield Wednesday though mate.

Thats just a selected part of his record to try and back up your agenda/stance

You've not put the whole picture in at all

Bit disingenuous that really if we're honest

By all means have a discussion on whether someone is the right fit or not, but doctoring stats to try and win a point is poor form

I seem to remember you posting the 3 game form that had us on 4 points quite a few times!

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

The silence from him since the points deduction is deafening. I’d have thought he would have been trying to rally everyone now but no? I’ll get slated again for thinking he’s on his way out but I can’t see any other explanation for the silence at the minute?

Jim,come on,you can't/don't really expect the manager to front up and say owt do ya,it's not him that needs to say owt.besides there may be areason he caan't.

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Do you not think the club as a whole are holding their tongue until they've received the full written reasoning from the independent panel, given their lawyers chance to pick through it all, and decided whether or not to lodge an appeal?

I'd expect to hear from the chairman on this matter before I'd expect to hear from the manager.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Why should he have a clean slate? 

He's had 46 games to put new ideas across, if anything he's made us worse!

Because if he is to be our manager next season. Which looks the case. Then it's a new season. We shouldn't judge him on what he has done before. Different players. Different circumstances.

We get Pearson in would you instantly say he got Watford relegated. No. he would get time. Monk should at least get the first 6 games before we all judge him. 

Edited by pazowl55
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Because if he is to be our manager next season. Which looks the case. Then it's a new season. We shouldn't judge him on what he has done before. Different players. Different circumstances.

We get Pearson in would you instantly say he got Watford relegated. No. he would get time. Monk should at least get the first 6 games before we all judge him. 

He's had 46 games and for half a season its been pathetic!

I have zero confidence in this manager! He's got a worse record than Luhkay! He should be shown the door and unless there is a dramatic turn around and I mean dramatic, we are in for the same rubbish next season!

Get rid, he's already proved he isn't capable!

• Thanks 1