Would You Take Josh Windass Back?

Undoubtedly yes. Was impressed with Murphy and Windass, both could be key along with the likes of Iorfa and Bannan, if we can get them back. They'd offer a good mix of experience, whilst still being at a decent age themselves, especially with the youth we're looking to bring through. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The main thing about Josh Windass is that he's dying to play for us and dying to sign for us full time

Combined with what he can do on a pitch I'd say that puts him in a good place in my eyes

If this is true then he would be a good addition, sounds like he’d be ready to roll his sleeves up. However, wasn’t he out injured twice while on loan with us?

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

If this is true then he would be a good addition, sounds like he’d be ready to roll his sleeves up. However, wasn’t he out injured twice while on loan with us?

I'm dying to play for Wednesday too... sign me up. 

I'm surprised so many on here are so keen to keep him. Is it because he's available for free and we can't resist a bargain? My mum had a saying for that: buy cheap, buy twice.

I just don't think he's good enough. On the other hand we have only one striker on the books with only 5 weeks to go. Maybe we have to get some bodies in, regardless. He'd be better than any of our academy and better than no-one at all. But that's no way to piece together a meaningful squad.

22 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I'm dying to play for Wednesday too... sign me up. 

I'm surprised so many on here are so keen to keep him. Is it because he's available for free and we can't resist a bargain? My mum had a saying for that: buy cheap, buy twice.

I just don't think he's good enough. On the other hand we have only one striker on the books with only 5 weeks to go. Maybe we have to get some bodies in, regardless. He'd be better than any of our academy and better than no-one at all. But that's no way to piece together a meaningful squad.

It's more to do with the fact that he averaged a goal every 221 minutes in the Championship last season and a goal every 156 minutes in a Wednesday shirt...despite missing a hatful of chances as well.

He's clearly a dangerous player who has a lot to offer at this level.

Let's be honest he wasn't going to perfom his best inbetween injuries in a dire team devoid of form and chopping and changing formation and tactics before being interrupted by Covid. 

The boys on under the cosh were really laying into this fact the other week. No footballer can play their best unless they get a run of games to at least gain momentum. I  believe he showed enough fight and scored goals and created chances to show he'd be a decent addition in our situation. Not that it needs to be said again but we will really struggle to attract players people want. 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
8 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Free yes, Fee no.

No such thing has a 'free'..if we dont have to pay wigan owt we wud certainly have to pay him the 'fee'..but hes a fighter type wud notch a few dosnt seem injured and we wont get any better cus we are a basket case..so its a yes from me simon

We’re not the only ones interested in him so if we sign him it’s because he wants to play for us. That’s what we need right now. If we’re the only option for players then I’d worry but having people wanting to play for the club goes a long way.

He’ll be on decent money at Wigan. 

Seen glimpses of him being good but notably Monk wasn’t starting him before lockdown and he’s been injured a lot whilst here, so hard to judge.

He does seem to have a competitive edge to him, and we need that type of attitude this coming season.