Would You Take Josh Windass Back?

Bit like a poor man’s Forestieri - can’t pin down his best role.

Doesnt look a striker. We don’t play a SS.

Has played AM a lot and I can see why. Maybe sat in front of Bannan and Luongo that would work, and provide 4 or 5 much-needed goals.

Wasnt much impressed by him, but he can play a number of roles which in our new world does make him an asset.

Yes, if cheap. 

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Bit like a poor man’s Forestieri - can’t pin down his best role.

Doesnt look a striker. We don’t play a SS.

Has played AM a lot and I can see why. Maybe sat in front of Bannan and Luongo that would work, and provide 4 or 5 much-needed goals.

Wasnt much impressed by him, but he can play a number of roles which in our new world does make him an asset.

Yes, if cheap. 

That's pretty much what young Windass is....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I'm dying to play for Wednesday too... sign me up. 

I'm surprised so many on here are so keen to keep him. Is it because he's available for free and we can't resist a bargain? My mum had a saying for that: buy cheap, buy twice.

I just don't think he's good enough. On the other hand we have only one striker on the books with only 5 weeks to go. Maybe we have to get some bodies in, regardless. He'd be better than any of our academy and better than no-one at all. But that's no way to piece together a meaningful squad.

I suppose it then comes down to price. If there is no transfer fee and he or his agent are not demanding silly wages then in my mind he would be a good addition. Once we start paying fees I would question how much has he proven his worth at this level? League one and Scottish football are a different kettle of fish to the week in week out grind of the championship.

8 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Yes, definitely, and try and get Wickham back too. I think they make a very good pairing at this level.

For all their talent, Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri would not be signed right now because we know they regularly miss swathes of the season.

Wickham is far far less reliable.

If we sign him we have taken leave of our senses. 

• Like 1