Would You Take Josh Windass Back?

Guest wilyfox

I like him. We've seen bits'n pieces from him, enough to suggest there's more to come with a run in the team and a more settled season. Attracting & affording prime-age strikers won't be easy in our position, so it's a yes from me if we can. 

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I would, 3 in 9 for us in a struggling team.

Could easily hit 10 - 15 for us over a season

Based on his goal/min last season, he averages 27 goals a season. But obviously he’s not gonna play all that, even at 60% of a season he averages 16 goals, and this was in a poor poor team

I thought he looked decent, however I can’t see the merit in discussing players in isolation. Especially with so many missing pieces.

Over the last 4/5 seasons we’ve focused too much on individuals and not enough on putting together an effective football “unit”. A collective of players that complement each other has to be our priority.

If Windass fits into that then fine, but we certainly shouldn’t sign him just because he looked half decent.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I thought he looked decent, however I can’t see the merit in discussing players in isolation. Especially with so many missing pieces.

Over the last 4/5 seasons we’ve focused too much on individuals and not enough on putting together an effective football “unit”. A collective of players that complement each other has to be our priority.

If Windass fits into that then fine, but we certainly shouldn’t sign him just because he looked half decent.

This is true, but as fans we won't be privy to the other players we might be trying to attract or what the plans might be in order to blend them together.

Until more of the pieces fall into place, most of what we can discuss is individual players.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The main thing about Josh Windass is that he's dying to play for us and dying to sign for us full time

Combined with what he can do on a pitch I'd say that puts him in a good place in my eyes

I trust you to be ITK on this which makes me even more hopeful we can get him.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The main thing about Josh Windass is that he's dying to play for us and dying to sign for us full time

Combined with what he can do on a pitch I'd say that puts him in a good place in my eyes

He's also puts a shift in, scores goals and drives forward and battles. 

Like you say he also wants to play for the club and the shirt.

Puts a lot of former and current players to shame, we need a team of players like him to get this season out of the way. 

On a free it’s a no brainier. 

He’s a good age, he’s won’t be on huge money and can play a couple different positions. 

Performances haven’t been amazing bar QPR. But he’s done well infront of goal when he has played. 

• Like 1