Daily Mail

Proven they give managers time, they spend well but also sell when needed.

Very similar job to what he took over at Brighton. Don’t be shocked if they’re in the PL in the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

There's a very simple reason why Bristol City look a more attractive proposition

On and off the field they will appear to any manager as a project. Short, mid and long term goals and the right infrastructure in place.

There is, unfortunately, no comparison as things currently are.

38 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 
No vacancy and he didn't want us last time

18 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Doesn’t matter how much money they have to spend, they should only be spending within their means (Ridiculous coming from a Wednesday fan i know)

They've got plenty, sold players for good money in recent seasons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

They've got plenty, sold players for good money in recent seasons. 

and this is the issue with Bristol City. They are happy to be a higher mid table championship side, flirting in and around the plays offs

Every season they sell their best players Webster last summer, Brownhill in January. The manager is constantly having to rebuild

Is someone like Hughton really going to be happy having to sacrifice his best players every transfer window.

The Bristol job has been available for a good few weeks now. I would imagine  that if Hughton was first choice he'd have his feet under the managers desk by now

Guest Mcguigan
30 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

and this is the issue with Bristol City. They are happy to be a higher mid table championship side, flirting in and around the plays offs

Every season they sell their best players Webster last summer, Brownhill in January. The manager is constantly having to rebuild

Is someone like Hughton really going to be happy having to sacrifice his best players every transfer window.

The Bristol job has been available for a good few weeks now. I would imagine  that if Hughton was first choice he'd have his feet under the managers desk by now

Isn't that what all non parachute payment Championship clubs need to do though? Us apart, of course.

Bristol City always seem to have a fair wedge of cash to spend, recently renovated stadium and down south. We have a potential points deduction, trimming the squad and have a manager too boot. 

Yes we are bigger traditionally but at this moment in time their isn't a great feeling around the place 

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 

Maybe their chairman is more appealing to work for than ours?

We tried for Hughton but he wasn’t interested. I’m sure word gets around about what it’s like to work for DC. 

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Or he could come to us for the challenge, where instead of a rebuild we give him a cowboy hat, a beat up old transit, and a paint brush with no bristles - then tell him to replicate the Sistine Chapel.

30 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Isn't that what all non parachute payment Championship clubs need to do though? Us apart, of course.

i think it needs to be balanced out.

Bristol City go too far one way and we go too far the other. 

Look at Leeds this year. They sell Jack Clarke for 10m but don't cash in on Kalvin Philips 

Only 3 ways to get promoted I think - spend a shed load of cash like Villa, employ a good manager like Leeds, Blades or Cardiff, final option is a bit of luck like Huddersfield

If Brentford don't go up this season their squad will be decimated again and the manager will have to build from scratch again. There is no guarantee he will unearth players as good as Watkins, Benrahma etc. They will have cash in the bank and a nice new stadium but they will still potentially be playing Rotherham and Wycombe in championship games

Guest Mcguigan
4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

i think it needs to be balanced out.

Bristol City go too far one way and we go too far the other. 

Look at Leeds this year. They sell Jack Clarke for 10m but don't cash in on Kalvin Philips 

Only 3 ways to get promoted I think - spend a shed load of cash like Villa, employ a good manager like Leeds, Blades or Cardiff, final option is a bit of luck like Huddersfield

If Brentford don't go up this season their squad will be decimated again and the manager will have to build from scratch again. There is no guarantee he will unearth players as good as Watkins, Benrahma etc. They will have cash in the bank and a nice new stadium but they will still potentially be playing Rotherham and Wycombe in championship games

But not waiting on a decision that could relegate them and put them back years.

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Bristol City always seem to have a fair wedge of cash to spend, recently renovated stadium and down south. We have a potential points deduction, trimming the squad and have a manager too boot. 

Yes we are bigger traditionally but at this moment in time their isn't a great feeling around the place 

And there lies the problem, we look back and not forward.

The club's in a right state in all aspects, so who in their right mind would want to come to this sheite fest at the moment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Geographically more appealing to a Southerner, they have money to spend, a decent owner...plus he's been unemployed for a year, so probably needs a job before he turns into Alan Curbishley (good manager by reputation, but never takes a job)

What is curbs doing now? Probably still checking his phone is working every hour.

• Haha 1