Daily Mail

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Geographically more appealing to a Southerner, they have money to spend, a decent owner...plus he's been unemployed for a year, so probably needs a job before he turns into Alan Curbishley (good manager by reputation, but never takes a job)

13 minutes ago, james o connor said:

They are , simple fact they aren’t owned by chansiri . Nobody in their right mind would want to work for him 

I actually would.

It would be his sidekick (the Rooster Booster) I would be more wary of.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Geographically more appealing to a Southerner, they have money to spend, a decent owner...plus he's been unemployed for a year, so probably needs a job before he turns into Alan Curbishley (good manager by reputation, but never takes a job)

Doesn’t matter how much money they have to spend, they should only be spending within their means (Ridiculous coming from a Wednesday fan i know)

25 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 

Yes. Far more so. 

28 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

After being out of job for so long, maybe he is desperate to get back?.

25 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I've been to every Bristol City away match that I can remember, except the game a couple of winters ago where I chickened out driving.

They've grown in every sense of the word, investment in their stadium and facilities, they've grown their fan base to average just below us, and pre-Covid, Bristol is booming city with a lot going for it.   Basically put, they're a club which has progressed huge amounts over the years, and appear to have an owner that wants to see that continue.

I love Wednesday, but some days I get fed up with the same old tired old poo.  Always looking back, never looking forward.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

He came here last summer

Said it was a s***hole.

If we are changing managers, then Pearson is a far better fit for us than Hughton. As for our chairman being a deterrent for anyone taking the job, I’m not sure. Yes he’s relatively new to football, so will be more prone to maybe making unwise decisions, but against that, he tries to give managers his backing, and I would say, is fairly loyal to them. It’s a bit of a mixed bag with DC, and probably why we are better off with a manager who is predominantly a coach, rather than a manager who wants control over everything. Not saying we wouldn’t benefit with a more hands on manager, but this is our situation, this is the owner we have, so why crave something that is unlikely to work. My hopes in wanting someone like Pearson, is that they could somehow meet in the middle. Fanciful, maybe, and that’s why we’d probably be better off with a manager/coach like Carlos, who just gets on with things, and works with what he is given

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Yep better squad and owner/chairman