Daily Mail

I would prefer Pearson to hughton. I think fans would cut Pearson a lot more slack if things took a bit of time to gel. Honestly think if they get hughton and we get Pearson we will finish above them next season. But not if we keep monk. As for the chairman being too hands on, it didn’t put Bruce off taking the job. And before anyone says yes but he soon left, I don’t thin’ that was his plan when he accepted the job.

• Like 2

I would prefer Pearson to hughton. I think fans would cut Pearson a lot more slack if things took a bit of time to gel. Honestly think if they get hughton and we get Pearson we will finish above them next season. But not if we keep monk. As for the chairman being too hands on, it didn’t put Bruce off taking the job. And before anyone says yes but he soon left, I don’t thin’ that was his plan when he accepted the job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 

He wants to stay darn sarff

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Reporting that Bristol City have held talks with Chris Hughton about their managerial vacancy. 

Potential points deduction aside; are they really a much more attractive proposition than ourselves? 

Another opportunity missed? I know that Pearson has obvious links with the club but i feel that Hughton would be far more realistic for us. 

No,no and no

7 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Houghton probably held out for a PL job, then realised no one was coming for him and is now happy to take a championship job. 

That said, until the EFL thing is decided I’m not sure managers like Houghton would take us on. 

Do you think managers like Houghton will be excited by a one-year contract? We got lucky Bruce agreed to one, but look what happened there.

As chairman, DC has approved signing random players on multi-year contracts, but supposedly offers managers nothing more than one-year deals.

Our best bet is an up and coming manager from the lower leagues looking to make a name for themselves. They will be happy to be at a bigger club and maybe be more inclined to work with a very useless chairman.

7 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not sure Chansiri is that much of a deterrent  for managers. He gave Bruce a month off, and gave Carlos & Jos about 6 months to save their jobs. He’s the most loyal chairman ever! 
lol

Wow. What is that I see.

Is that someone on here that can manage to peer through the trees and actually see the wood?

A man actually talking logical, historical sense?

Careful my friend, going against the perceived wisdom on here.

You'll be labelled a 'clapper' next, or too stupid to understand the truth.

• Haha 1

This idea that manager's will not work for so & so, or would demand this or that as a precondition to taking a job shows the lack of appreciation on here of the real world.

Most are mercenaries who will rock up take the money, do the best they can under any given circumstances till they get the push / get a better offer & then do it all over again and again. 

The idea that it has to be some nice, kind / football genius / kind to animals, owner / chairman is so naive it's untrue.

• Like 1