Swansea- V - Wednesday OMDT

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The world is going mad, hardly anyone around on the trip to South Wales. The prospects for the economy is dire. Yet we have OT'rs debating how and where to invest their hard earned in the stock market. Yet, only a few days ago arguing about DC's incompetence, I can hardly draw my breath. So the Rotherham Owl bus is being drafted in for the trip to Swansea to help the club with Social distancing measures, a very generous gesture from the Village to the east.

A full squad to pick from with the exception of Tom Lees who has an undiagnosed problem somewhere on one of his legs that a scan is failing to pick up. These things happen from time to time.

A reasonable first hour against a solid WBA side that fell apart a little. So average rather than startling form going into the Swansea game but we should have enough to bring something home.

UTO & DTB COME ON WEDNESDAY !      

Rotherham Owls coach is on its way to Swansea as we speak, full of Rotherham Owls fans. 

We do not do the draft thing. 

Looking forward to watching it.

Our Sky is playing up and cuts out every few minutes. For the Bristol City games it froze with an unmarked Wickham a split second from heading the corner. When it unfroze the team were reeling away back to halfway.

Im optimistic of a good performance and a win. Wickham and Rhodes looks a goal-scoring partnership. Hope Monk sticks with it.

Hope Reach is given a run out wide.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Looking forward to watching it.

Our Sky is playing up and cuts out every few minutes. For the Bristol City games it froze with an unmarked Wickham a split second from heading the corner. When it unfroze the team were reeling away back to halfway.

Im optimistic of a good performance and a win. Wickham and Rhodes looks a goal-scoring partnership. Hope Monk sticks with it.

Hope Reach is given a run out wide.

Someone tell Rhodes then, he needs to contribute more than he has already, both in terms of work rate and goals.  Seems to me 70% of the work is been done by Wickham.

• Like 1

Always enjoy going to Swansea, lovely place and a nice football club. 
Ayew looked on excellent form when I saw them on tv the other day. He is a very good player at this level. We will need a plan to stop him getting on the ball and creating, I have a horrible feeling that plan might be Joey shaped but let’s see.

i think this will be a tough test. Contain first half , try and score set plays (ie do not allow bannan to take said set plays) , and see where we are after an hour.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Vicious buggers, geese. 

Funny you mention the water based birds too.

Look how duck bills look like the birds are wearing tiny masks of dogs faces.

Once seen you cannot unsee it.

image.png.b64de430d60f060ce883f6f50caaa0ce.png

image.png.9a212fa9be5a535048bb9a42118ccdec.png

image.png.71095b0c09348a93a3678d91de7e368a.png

image.png.f6338620c39123bcf2617f4166106f19.png

Very good Mallard! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Points amassed and goals scored away from home is quite impressive - almost promotion level.

Swansea are a similar team to us - some nice players who tap it around; one or two pacey ones who have some threat but little end product. Both teams seem to lack an edge or real threat, but defensively are ok.

I'm therefore, going for a 4-4 thriller. 

• Like 1

Slight changes for me....

Nuhui for Rhodes - Wickham and Nuhui will give there cb's a beasting physically. 

Borner hopefully for Moses 

I'd give Hunt his first start over Lee. 

Luongo will have to be immense today! 

Edited by Bigblueowl

Strangely optimistic about this one. 

Borner back gives me confidence at the back, but depends how much running is in the legs of the wing backs and especially Wickham. 

A good game for Hunt IMO and would like to see more minutes on the pitch for him.

Called Bristol right, so will have another go at a 1-2 Wednesday win. 

• Like 1

I've tried being pessimistic in the hope that they prove me wrong and westbrom proved me right. I was undecided against forest and Bristol so I'm sticking with undecided. Today could be 3 nil either way or a draw. Let's be honest here, we never beat Swansea do we? But then runs are made to be broken so we could. 

See, undecided. 

Only thing I'm definite about is I'd like to see a change in the defence from last game. If not, I need to know if its possible to put a bet on a specific player giving away a penalty. The other night someone was saying he wanted to but couldn't find a market for it. Is it possible? Serious question BTW, would like to know as he would have won. 

• Thanks 1