Cowleys

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think Monks here for at least the next transfer window. DC will give him that at least. The crunch will come with were we stand at xmas as it did for Jos. The truth is who would actually want the job and has a proven track record. Personally I think Monk may have burnt his bridges with the fanbase and will need a wonder season to turn it round. Can he provide that I have my doubts but in the short term he isn't going anywhere. 

Problem is if Monk stays now and brings in a load of new players the then any new manager come Christmas if things go sour will inherit a lot of players he may not want only 4 months into new contracts. It’s certainly a conundrum for DC right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I can't understand why anyone would want Monk to stay here after the clusterf**k of this season but there are some who do?

But this is about the Cowleys, who have been abysmal, the league table doesn't lie. Therefore they are worse than Monk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Problem is if Monk stays now and brings in a load of new players the then any new manager come Christmas if things go sour will inherit a lot of players he may not want only 4 months into new contracts. It’s certainly a conundrum for DC right now. 

Simple really. If the Chairman really believes in Monk (which I don’t think he does otherwise he’d have his own back room staff in?) then he has to give him at least a season with his own squad.

If he doesn’t then he has to go with a manager he really believes he can give 3 or 4 years to regardless of fan opinion? I think he would have Carlos back in a heartbeat. Failing this I could see him going for Carlos’ old coach Bruno Lage or someone who knows him and the club well and that man could be Glenn Loovens as @mcmigo has already said?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

But this is about the Cowleys, who have been abysmal, the league table doesn't lie. Therefore they are worse than Monk. 

You keep telling yourself you that next season when the Cowley’s are having success somewhere else and we’re being d!cked every week while still managed by Monk?

Just now, Jim said:

You keep telling yourself you that next season when the Cowley’s are having success somewhere else and we’re being d!cked every week while still managed by Monk?

'IF' they get employed again. Also which division will they be employed in, a high probability not the Championship. One thing DC has got right, not employing them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Simple really. If the Chairman really believes in Monk (which I don’t think he does otherwise he’d have his own back room staff in?) then he has to give him at least a season with his own squad.

If he doesn’t then he has to go with a manager he really believes he can give 3 or 4 years to regardless of fan opinion? I think he would have Carlos back in a heartbeat. Failing this I could see him going for Carlos’ old coach Bruno Lage or someone who knows him and the club well and that man could be Glenn Loovens as @mcmigo has already said?

Lage is a decent shout. Think Loovens could only work if there was a DOF to take some of the pressure off.

30 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Or a new manager comes in, signs a load of new players, loses the 1st 5 games, then the monk out crowd turn on the new manager, we change the manager again at Christmas and the new manager will inherit a lot of players he may not want only 4 months into new contracts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

Or a new manager comes in, signs a load of new players, loses the 1st 5 games, then the monk out crowd turn on the new manager, we change the manager again at Christmas and the new manager will inherit a lot of players he may not want only 4 months into new contracts

Yep, football fans can be a fickle bunch.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I don’t think they’ve failed there in the slightest. Highest level they have worked at and Huddersfield looked like going the same way as a few clubs have in the recent past shooting straight through from the premier to league one.

They’ll get a job somewhere else and I’m sure they will do a good job wherever that may be?

Agree. Cowleys rescued Huddersfield. Did not think they inherited decent players.

Edited by victorturner
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Crowley’s are crap and monk is crap

Basically this.

Most managers get sacked within 2 seasons for not meeting the fans or chairman's expectations.  

Players have the power, they can get a manager sacked if they don't like him.

Ranieri achieved that 1000/1 miracle with Leicester. Halfway through the next season he was sacked.

Mourinho has been sacked three times, and will probably get the flick at Spurs soon. 

Monk and the Cowleys are way down the scale from them,  they'll get another job . Might do well, probably won't long term. 

43 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Really? 

They could still be relegated. Are they sad that they potentially could still be relegated?

I thought they were safe? The chairman said as much after sacking them

They were in freefall when they took over, 6 games without a win

They did a good job to keep them up