FORESTIERI'S AN ANGRY MAN

On 28/06/2020 at 15:58, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I really can't understand what people are not seeing. We currently don't know what league we will be in next season. These players at their age cannot risk injury and jeopardise a move to another club. If we stay up I suspect they will be remaining. They've got to be selfish sometimes.

Nothing to do with loyalty but more about protecting their future income 

I would be amazed if Monk wanted FF . No chance he will be back.

Fletcher and Fox . We offered them deals so obviously Monk wanted them. But , in Fletcher’s case, I suspect he would have to take a very big pay drop .

57 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Anyone else bored of the whole FF pantomime? 

Had some great performances but taken over the time he's been here overall a disappointing past few seasons. Happy to see him go but wish him all the best for the future.

He's all instagram and zero performance these days

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

On 28/06/2020 at 15:58, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I really can't understand what people are not seeing. We currently don't know what league we will be in next season. These players at their age cannot risk injury and jeopardise a move to another club. If we stay up I suspect they will be remaining. They've got to be selfish sometimes.

Nothing to do with loyalty but more about protecting their future income 

What about their past income ?

In Fletchers case around 300-400k paid to him by his employer for doing nothing for 3 months .

Are you telling me if your employer was good enough see you right for that incredible amount of money ( almost made for life in 3 months!!) you wouldnt walk an extra yard as a thankyou ? 

I must be old fashioned, I take it back 

Edited by the monk
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, the monk said:

In Fletchers case around 300-400k paid to him by his employer for doing nothing for 3 months .

Are you telling me if your employer was good enough see you right for that incredible amount of money ( almost made for life in 3 months!!) you wouldnt walk an extra yard as a thankyou ? 

If you were in his shoes and had a move linedup to another club I can 100% totally guarantee you wouldn't risk that move and big payday to just play another 8 games for your last club.

It's not just what Fletcher is doing, it's what YOU would do too if the boots were on your foot

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you were in his shoes and had a move linedup to another club I can 100% totally guarantee you wouldn't risk that move and big payday to just play another 8 games for your last club.

It's not just what Fletcher is doing, it's what YOU would do too if the boots were on your foot

Money is a weird thing. You get used to the amount quite soon so you really don't give a thought if you're making £40K a year or a week after a while. Also your expenses tend to rise along with your income..I know that for a fact 😅

Edited by FinnishOwl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You can guarantee f**k all what I would do 

I wouldn't take all that money for doing nothing, knowing that the club had nil income  and walk away if I was politely asked to play on ( for another cool 150 -200 k  by the way )

You would do that ,I wouldnt , but it seems I'm in the minority.

• Like 2

Guest Ronson
2 hours ago, the monk said:

And principled mate, you missed principled out.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats true...but you can't blame fans for feeling short changed given the current circumstances....So ive no problem with what Fletcher is doing, but equally ive no problem with fans giving him grief over it...These players run up to the Kop kissing the badge etc...tweet tat...say how wonderful the fans are every chance they get....then simply f.ook off for a better payday...yea fair enough thats football...football also brings what fans are feeling now

• Like 4

Guest Ronson
11 minutes ago, the monk said:

but it seems I'm in the minority.

Not a minority of one I may add. Strange how people assume because they'll do something that it's a cast iron certainty everyone else would do the exact same thing, especially when experience tells us otherwise.

59 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Not a minority of one I may add. Strange how people assume because they'll do something that it's a cast iron certainty everyone else would do the exact same thing, especially when experience tells us otherwise.

You, me and kieron Lee it would seem!

• Like 1

Hugely talented player. His attitude and performances over his time here haven’t been good enough, or consistent enough. 

He hasn’t been available to play because of either injury, suspension (or tantrum!) too many times for me. I sound rather us invest in youth than players like him. 

Wish  him all the best and thanks for some brilliant moments. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the monk said:

You can guarantee f**k all what I would do 

I wouldn't take all that money for doing nothing, knowing that the club had nil income  and walk away if I was politely asked to play on ( for another cool 150 -200 k  by the way )

You would do that ,I wouldnt , but it seems I'm in the minority.

What if you had another club lined up, and they asked you not to play after June 30th?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the monk said:

99% of players when push comes to shove are selfish, just a fact of footballers.

Most clubs are same as well.