FORESTIERI'S AN ANGRY MAN

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

What if you had another club lined up, and they asked you not to play after June 30th?

???? Ffs ,forget the dates  hes really been contracted for this season hasnt he ? 

This season has had a disruption like never before save for the 2nd world war , folk have lost their lives trying to save lives of others and were on 20k a year !

I'd  tell the club that was only ASKING that I needed to put things in order and play for the club that not only had paid me handsomely for 4 years,  but was also willing to pay me double for playing out the last 9 games (march april may + the new start up)

Then I would gladly agree to sign for them and hope that the one in 50,000 chance I pick up a career ending injury doesnt occur as I would have to cash in my insurance 

Thank f**k our doctors and nurses dont work to the same principles 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

???? Ffs ,forget the dates  hes really been contracted for this season hasnt he ? 

This season has had a disruption like never before save for the 2nd world war , folk have lost their lives trying to save lives of others and were on 20k a year !

I'd  tell the club that was only ASKING that I needed to put things in order and play for the club that not only had paid me handsomely for 4 years,  but was also willing to pay me double for playing out the last 9 games (march april may + the new start up)

Then I would gladly agree to sign for them and hope that the one in 50,000 chance I pick up a career ending injury doesnt occur as I would have to cash in my insurance 

Except if you were in the players shoes you wouldn't do any of that

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, the monk said:

I feel for for you , there is no hope 

Not sure you understand the real world mate

It's not all lollypops and rainbows and players risking their next move, massive payday and final payout to play 8 more games for a club that's not keeping them on

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, the monk said:

Why are you being angry?

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure you understand the real world mate

It's not all lollypops and rainbows and players risking their next move, massive payday and final payout to play 8 more games for a club that's not keeping them on

lol

Tell that to Kieran Lee 

Who has got a move and a massive pay day sorted ?

I officially lost hope with FF away at Blackburn under Jos. We were awful think we lost 4-1.

FF didn’t warm up whatsoever, it was the most half arsed warm up I’ve seen. Just swinging legs about and not getting involved at all. He came on at half-time and goes off with a hamstring injury 20 minutes later and is out for a month.

From a pure football perspective he provided some magic moments and was good to watch. But from a team perspective and wanting to see Wednesday pull together and get up the league, this is the best decision for all parties.

He has the ability to play at the top level, but application let’s him down. I do wish him well though, off the pitch always had time for young fans and did score some crackers. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, the monk said:

Tell that to Kieran Lee 

Who has got a move and a massive pay day sorted ?

I think Kieran Lee is taking a calculated risk that he can prove his fitness these last few games and get a good contract somewhere.

I am not happy some players after 3 months doing nothing on full pay wont play thr extra month but ours wont be the only ones.

Just now, RigBon said:

He's literally told you what he'd do!

You know what I mean though

It's one thing saying we'd do this or that but in reality when it comes to paying the bills, looking after our families,  saving for our retirements we wouldn't be playing 8 games for a club that's told us we're not going to be playing for them anymore

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You know what I mean though

It's one thing saying we'd do this or that but in reality when it comes to paying the bills, looking after our families,  saving for our retirements we wouldn't be playing 8 games for a club that's told us we're not going to be playing for them anymore

I do, yes. Perhaps my response was a little pedantic, my apologies. But in-turn, yours was somewhat facetious (your prerogative, of course - it being your site and all!).

For those with no clear future, it'd be wise for them to extend. Because...well...why not? If nothing else, it gets them in "the shop window" for a few weeks. They would know they're not going to be there come August, so can get their Agent putting-out the feelers to other clubs. Those clubs could have sight of him playing. Win-win.

But yes, I'm more than aware (more than most) that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

• Love 1

Just now, RigBon said:

I do, yes. Perhaps my response was a little pedantic, my apologies. But in-turn, yours was somewhat facetious (your prerogative, of course - it being your site and all!).

For those with no clear future, it'd be wise for them to extend. Because...well...why not? If nothing else, it gets them in "the shop window" for a few weeks. They would know they're not going to be there come August, so can get their Agent putting-out the feelers to other clubs. Those clubs could have sight of him playing. Win-win.

But yes, I'm more than aware (more than most) that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Yeah true

I guess it all boils down to if they have other clubs that they've committed to, if those clubs have asked or told them not to play and risk their move, or if they themselves don't want to risk their move to their new club by getting injured  (remember - we're talking about players with a serious history of injuries here)

Or it could just be a player being a malicious mardy arse to get one back on the club etc

We probably will never ever know

Owlstalk Shop