FORESTIERI'S AN ANGRY MAN

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

:biggrin:

It would have been interesting him being on the same side as Krystian Pearce.

lol

Though Pearce has been released by Mansfield at the end of this season.

That reminds me of DI Canio and Nigel Winterburn both playing for WHU together after he pushed Alcock.

19 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I get that. But it’s fine for him to be injured or banned on our time. Other players have stopped on and they would have had options

Think you are right, some players obviously think more of the club than others. Guess we know what FF thinks. Shame as one of the on his day best players we have had in years.

• Like 1

Hate the phrase “on his day he’s the best etc” Rhodes scores a hatrick against forest so you could say “on his day he’s the best striker in the division”. On his day Iorfa is the best CB in the league just because he once got a man of the match it’s absolute rubbish any player “on his day” can have a good game, fact is that despite a number of fans saying how “on his day FF is the best player in the league” for some reason every match just never seems to be his day. Strange that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

Hate the phrase “on his day he’s the best etc” Rhodes scores a hatrick against forest so you could say “on his day he’s the best striker in the division”. On his day Iorfa is the best CB in the league just because he once got a man of the match it’s absolute rubbish any player “on his day” can have a good game, fact is that despite a number of fans saying how “on his day FF is the best player in the league” for some reason every match just never seems to be his day. Strange that. 

I think it was a decent shout to suggest he was the best or certainly one of the best in the league 2015/16 season. He was also decent the season after imo. He has suffered with injuries, I don’t think he has ever not tried and ability wise, since he has been at Wednesday he has been our best player. Under Jos, when he came back after Injury, he was playing well at the end of the season. I don’t think the racism allegation and charge by the FA was helpful to him. I don’t think he has ever been terrible for Wednesday. I would have liked to have seen him at some point against Bristol city tomorrow, if that were the case I would bet money that he would score a couple and play his best game in years.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

"1 good season.  3 absolutely taking the urine out of the club and its fans."

How exactly did he take the urine? Was it his fault he was injured? My fave player for Wednesday was Hirst, who I think it’s fair to say was injured a fair bit. I don’t ever remember people saying he took the urine.

26 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

How exactly did he take the urine? Was it his fault he was injured? My fave player for Wednesday was Hirst, who I think it’s fair to say was injured a fair bit. I don’t ever remember people saying he took the urine.

There’s a well established list of issues created by FF himself that could be described as taking the urine

refusing to play

being called out publicly by the club captain for being unfit/not training 

petulant disciplinary record 

The racism allegation 

inconsistent performances when picked 

You can put up with a lot of things if someone is willing to put in 110% and is scoring 15 plus goals a season. 

When they aren’t performing it becomes an expensive tiresome luxury we could ill afford. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

I think it was a decent shout to suggest he was the best or certainly one of the best in the league 2015/16 season. He was also decent the season after imo. He has suffered with injuries, I don’t think he has ever not tried and ability wise, since he has been at Wednesday he has been our best player. Under Jos, when he came back after Injury, he was playing well at the end of the season. I don’t think the racism allegation and charge by the FA was helpful to him. I don’t think he has ever been terrible for Wednesday. I would have liked to have seen him at some point against Bristol city tomorrow, if that were the case I would bet money that he would score a couple and play his best game in years.

I assume you are either incredibly wealthy or incredibly poor. Either you have so much money you are able to place bets on anything you like without care of the consequences, or you have gambled every penny you have earned away.

I can remember people having a bit of a pop at Hirst for taking ages to come back sometimes from injury and carrying too much weight.

I also remember some people booing Hirst he he squared up to Carbone in a mid week match v Derby (I think) when the wheels were coming off in the game.

10 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I assume you are either incredibly wealthy or incredibly poor. Either you have so much money you are able to place bets on anything you like without care of the consequences, or you have gambled every penny you have earned away.

I’ve certainly not gambled all my money away. To be honest I rarely gamble.

5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Think your missing the point, Rhodes iorta etc may well have a good game however for the skill he has on the ball no one else in the team comes close.. in the current squad except Cruz potentially.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

There’s a well established list of issues created by FF himself that could be described as taking the urine

refusing to play

being called out publicly by the club captain for being unfit/not training 

petulant disciplinary record 

The racism allegation 

inconsistent performances when picked 

You can put up with a lot of things if someone is willing to put in 110% and is scoring 15 plus goals a season. 

When they aren’t performing it becomes an expensive tiresome luxury we could ill afford. 

It was stated in the last 3 seasons he took the urine. The refusing to play was before that.

I can’t recall whenever Fessi played he took the urine. Yes he had poor games like any player, but I don’t think you could ever say he didn’t try whilst on the pitch. 

Nando’s discipline on the pitch has been poor at times, I agree with that.

As for the racism allegation. He was found NOT GUILTY in a court of law. I think the FA hung him out to dry.

Obviously we don’t see what goes on the training ground so we can’t really comment.

I think in 15/16 there were a few candidates.

Knockaert joined Brighton mid season and was devastating playing RW.

Ince had a great season playing RW for Derby.

McCormack got 21 goals as striker.

Gray got 25 as striker.

Forestieri never held down a role, even in that special season. Was he a LW? Was he a CF? Was he a deep-lying forward? Was he an inside forward in a three?

We never knew. We could never decide. Carlos could never decide. 

Same at Watford. Never held down a place or a position.

My opinion, he was an unplayable winger, but didn’t like being a winger. He was a fairly hopeless striker, who liked playing striker. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think in 15/16 there were a few candidates.

Knockaert joined Brighton mid season and was devastating playing RW.

Ince had a great season playing RW for Derby.

McCormack got 21 goals as striker.

Gray got 25 as striker.

Forestieri never held down a role, even in that special season. Was he a LW? Was he a CF? Was he a deep-lying forward? Was he an inside forward in a three?

We never knew. We could never decide. Carlos could never decide. 

Same at Watford. Never held down a place or a position.

My opinion, he was an unplayable winger, but didn’t like being a winger. He was a fairly hopeless striker, who liked playing striker. 

He was certainly better Out wide, but to say he was ‘hopeless’ as a striker is way off the mark. We have had strikers who would be described as hopeless. Fessi isn’t one imo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can remember people having a bit of a pop at Hirst for taking ages to come back sometimes from injury and carrying too much weight.

I also remember some people booing Hirst he he squared up to Carbone in a mid week match v Derby (I think) when the wheels were coming off in the game.

You are correct about the game ( lost 5-2 iirc) I was at that match and I know there was a set too, but I don’t remember any fan’s specifically booing Hirst.

Going off at a tangent here, but Hirsty told an excellent story about that episode at some do at Hillsborough.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

He was certainly better Out wide, but to say he was ‘hopeless’ as a striker is way off the mark. We have had strikers who would be described as hopeless. Fessi isn’t one imo.

I disagree.

Our points record and our goals record when he has played striker are absolutely awful.

Fans recall his many brilliant games, but forget how very very few of those he was striker.

He could have had seasons in the Prem as a winger or wide forward in a front three.

Edited by Holmowl

16 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

It was stated in the last 3 seasons he took the urine. The refusing to play was before that.

I can’t recall whenever Fessi played he took the urine. Yes he had poor games like any player, but I don’t think you could ever say he didn’t try whilst on the pitch. 

Nando’s discipline on the pitch has been poor at times, I agree with that.

As for the racism allegation. He was found NOT GUILTY in a court of law. I think the FA hung him out to dry.

Obviously we don’t see what goes on the training ground so we can’t really comment.

When one of the club captains says he isn't putting it in on the training pitch we can comment 

Just the "One" Fessi..was never going to take us to where we want to be..He's had some great games...but the petulance, the actual refusing to play for the club when being paid to do it , will for me always leave a scar....Jordan rhodes, amonst the "best" strikers in the league at one bit..refusing to take a penalty...will for me always leave a scar.

If Fletcher is sidelined cos he doesn't want to play "in case he gets injured" after we have paid 3 months wages while he did nowt..will for me... always leave a scar

Then you have Adthe Nuhiu...probably half as skilled as the aforementioned, pilloried on here week after week....turns up..rarely injured, always available , never f.ookin' mumps about wages or being dropped, always prepared to to pull the shirt on....

I know who I will remember.

The state we have been in, the state we actually are in....I'll give the plaudits to Nuhiu

• Love 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Just the "One" Fessi..was never going to take us to where we want to be..He's had some great games...but the petulance, the actual refusing to play for the club when being paid to do it , will for me always leave a scar....Jordan rhodes, amonst the "best" strikers in the league at one bit..refusing to take a penalty...will for me always leave a scar.

If Fletcher is sidelined cos he doesn't want to play "in case he gets injured" after we have paid 3 months wages while he did nowt..will for me... always leave a scar

Then you have Adthe Nuhiu...probably half as skilled as the aforementioned, pilloried on here week after week....turns up..rarely injured, always available , never f.ookin' mumps about wages or being dropped, always prepared to to pull the shirt on....

I know who I will remember.

The state we have been in, the state we actually are in....I'll give the plaudits to Nuhiu

Agreed  Andy

• Like 1