What are you still angrymad about from Sheffield Wednesday's past?

I don't have many things over the years that made me livid (other than Trevor Francis managing us)

But I'm still angrymad that we gave out those cardboard clappers at Wembley

I think it was those cardboard clappers that lost us the playoff final

Still angrymad about it

What's yours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ronson

I can't think of anything really. Ah, sorry, they once put my name on the old electronic scoreboard which to be fair was very embarrassing at the time and for a few games after that I feared they might do it again but they didn't. If it had been now I'd have emailed them and told them they were bang out of order and I'm sure that would have been an end to it. All my mates thought it was hilarious.

Great topic 

the sale of Paul Warhurst 

still, 27 years later and I still haven’t let it go, turning down offers for him all summer, his signing a new contract, playing 4 games up front with Hirst and then leaving, Hirst injured and having to use Bright and Bart Williams and later Watson 

im fuming 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dexter Morgan said:

Great topic 

the sale of Paul Warhurst 

still, 27 years later and I still haven’t let it go, turning down offers for him all summer, his signing a new contract, playing 4 games up front with Hirst and then leaving, Hirst injured and having to use Bright and Bart Williams and later Watson 

im fuming 

27 years. Jesus H that’s bonkers. Seems like yesterday. 

Oh, and Lee Chapman's disallowed goal against QPR in 1987. It was an absolute mile over the line when the keeper pushed it out, well a good 2 yards anyway, but the ref didn't have a clue and just told them to play on.

Alright we still won 7-1 but I was absolutely livid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest Bulgaria

The Charlton home loss in the cup, limpest performance I've seen, especially with what was at stake.

Our surrender to Swansea also in the cup the other year.

Serving Bovril at a temperature that would melt stone.

Never winning at Arsenal.

Where to begin....

Messing Gerard Houlier around after he’d accepted the job to the extent that he ended up taking the Liverpool job instead. We went with Danny Wilson instead and just a few seasons later we were in the Championship on the brink of financial oblivion and Liverpool had won the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and European Super Cup.

I’m not saying we’d have won those trophies but I firmly believe that we’d still be a top half Premier League side has he come here (which he’s already agreed to do).

Granted we couldn’t have signed the likes of Owen, Fowler, Gerard etc, but McAllister, Smicer, Haman, Henchoz and Hypia we might have done?

Such a HUGE missed opportunity, especially when you look at the fact that we went with Danny Wilson instead. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1