What are you still angrymad about from Sheffield Wednesday's past?

3 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Qpr took our 3 million and went and bought Trevor Sinclair for 600k  who was a better player than Sinton. We had a perfectly good keeper in Pressman, there was no need to spend the money on butterfingers  Woods. All hindsight I know but this club has a long history of not being very astute in the transfer market.

Did it to us twice over the years...  the Springett brothers trade was a bit lopsided in my opinion (in fact Peter always seemed to play second fiddle to Grummit)

1 hour ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Well you learn something everyday 

is that true? I was never aware that Houllier was targeted for the job, I thought they wanted an upcoming boss for the long term and Wilson was always number 1 candidate, I consider myself educated 

Yes mate, Houlier is actually quoted as saying he’d agreed to take the job but was then messed about by the clubs solicitor over compensation if he were sacked, Houlier stating that the fee he wanted was quite modest by today’s standards. In the end he got fed up of waiting and being messed around and went to Liverpool instead.

Considering the direction the club took after this, it has to be the biggest mistake our club made in decades.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/i-practically-agreed-join-how-18018167.amp

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Qpr took our 3 million and went and bought Trevor Sinclair for 600k  who was a better player than Sinton. We had a perfectly good keeper in Pressman, there was no need to spend the money on butterfingers  Woods. All hindsight I know but this club has a long history of not being very astute in the transfer market.

When we bought Sinton, he was regarded far more highly than Sinclair. He was a major coup for us along with Walker. Des went onto become an all time Wednesday great, Sinton didn’t.

• Like 1

Messing up Eric Cantona

Messing up Gerard Houlier 

But my biggest frustration is easily messing up the Play Off semi v Hudds.

they had some useless kid in goal & we decided not to shoot for 90 mins 

😡

• Like 1

Guest struckanerve

- Redeveloping the south stand -- it should have been left alone as a historic building -- instead of knocking the lep down and rebuilding.

- FA Cup final replay

- Sacking Big Ron

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Bottling the easiest Championship play off fixtures you could ever wish to have in 2017.

That performance against Charlton in the FA Cup which would have given us a quarter final against third tier Sheffield United. And then potentially, if we'd won, the semi final at New Wembley would have been the 100th different ground I'd been to - on my birthday as well.  Instead my centenary later came up in a pre-season friendly in the rather less glamorous surroundings of Bootham Crescent. 

Pembridge shooting from a stupid angle instead of making a simple square pass for Hirst to score at Maine Road. Again, on my birthday.

Adam Proudlock doing the same in a L1 night match at Bournemouth which we then lost 0-1 in injury time.

Chris Woods. 

Congrats on the 100

4 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Ernie Moss’s last minute equaliser for Chezzie in a 3-3 in the Big Jack era. Too much to handle for a 12y old whose family had spireites in abundance

This match.

Sure they went 1up, we equalise

They go 2-1 up, we equalise.

Bad tempered match ,Ref gave them EVERYTHING from the start.

From memory we were kicking towards Lep in 2 ND half and got lead with only a few minutes left.Heroes

I was 15 ,turned to my dad

" He's going to play extra time until they score"

And so it was, ROBBED.

Losing to Wolves at home on the coldest day I can remember ,lost feeling in my feet from the concrete

Both sides were utterly abysmal  and who comes on about 80 mins Leon Clarke....

4 hours ago, struckanerve said:

- Redeveloping the south stand -- it should have been left alone as a historic building -- instead of knocking the lep down and rebuilding.

- FA Cup final replay

- Sacking Big Ron

Roof had to be replaced anyway.

But bearing in mind the hundreds of millions in income that have washed through the in in the last 30 years not replacing the west stand is shameful

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Houllier was offered the job and he accepted. The sticking point was he wanted a clause in his contract that he was entitled to a certain amount of money if he got sacked.

Still dont think he would have done much with Wednesday myself.

Liverpool are a bit like Celtic and Rangers in that whoever manages them their is a good chance they will get some kind of silverware.

Put the same managers at another club and they do nothing 

Oh and Huddersfield play off ffs!!

Edited by the monk

9 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Where do I start!

angry for not hiring Warnock when he wanted the job.

angry for paying for some water at the game.. when the young lass told me the Price I didn’t know to laugh or cry!

angry for losing the playoff semi against uddersfield. Our best chance ever of going up and we blew it 

angry at Wednesday for not backing di canio, and literally throwing him under the bus. 

angry at SAG for shutting half of the ground. 

Using the worn out cliche " thrown under the bus"

Worst still using it regarding Di Canio

Oh and Huddersfield ffs!