What are you still angrymad about from Sheffield Wednesday's past?

There are so many times over the last 40 years where the wrong choice has been made by the club:

Richards petty sacking of Big Ron

Failure to permanently sign Kenwyne Jones

Allowing Darko Kovacevic to leave too cheaply

Not backing Howard Wilkinson

The purchase of Chris Woods

Allowing West Ham to nick DiCanio for peanuts

Dc's inability to appoint a proper Chief Exec

Not selling Hirst to Man U for 5 Million

The signing of Francis Jeffers

Year after year of rubbish youth development

The sacking of Gary Megson

Allowing Jamie Vardy to leave.

3m wasted on Andy Sinton

The list goes on and on.

Obviously these decisions all look bad in hindsight however if even a few of the above had gone the other way then the club would be in an entirely different position today.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Well this is a cheerful thread, most of the replies so far are making me angrymad, feel like I'm going to implode! 😠

If we get a points deduction though that'll go pretty close to the top of my list. I know the EFL throw deductions around like confetti these days but I don't want us to be on that list regardless.  

Where do I start!

angry for not hiring Warnock when he wanted the job.

angry for paying for some water at the game.. when the young lass told me the Price I didn’t know to laugh or cry!

angry for losing the playoff semi against uddersfield. Our best chance ever of going up and we blew it 

angry at Wednesday for not backing di canio, and literally throwing him under the bus. 

angry at SAG for shutting half of the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Play off semi against Huddersfield. My god what a missed opportunity.

So frustrating. If you get played off the park or even beaten by the better side having giving your all you can look back and kind of accept it. That's not how it was at all and will always be looked back on as a golden opportunity missed. 

Losing to Man City 1-2 in last match of 69-70 season when we had to win to avoid relegation. 45,000 + City wanted us to stay up, that penalty they missed barely reached the line. A lifeline thrown away and 14 years to wait to get back. What a waste.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fergie time to let Man U win..

Villa winning at Hillsborough under Big Ron

Leon Clarke’s performance against Palace  (- actually just Leon Clarke really) and Jeffers pulling his head away from the easiest chance of the game.

0-0 at home to Dagenham and Redbridge after driving from Inverness for the game and driving back afterwards. Bloody AWFUL performance! Grant Holt was garbage.

The relegation game against Man City in (was it) 1972? 
losing on penalties at home  to Wolves

it’s been tough over the last 61 years... (but Harkes against Derby though...)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheffix said:

Losing to Man City 1-2 in last match of 69-70 season when we had to win to avoid relegation. 45,000 + City wanted us to stay up, that penalty they missed barely reached the line. A lifeline thrown away and 14 years to wait to get back. What a waste.

You’re right! It’s on my list too and you got the correct date too!! Well done that man! That penalty though...I think Tony Coleman scored a screamer to give us hope ( it’s the hope that kills you)

Whether anger is the emotion or not I don’t know, but of the many years one situation sort of sticks out.

we had waited for years to change chairman after the very dark days of 2000 onwards. They were long , long years at times I refused to go into the stadium due to legal action being taken against fans.

we finally had a new dawn , a fan as chairman , a decent bloke. Then we promptly signed a load of rubbish, appointed Alan Irvine, went down and basically went bust. 

55 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Oh, and Lee Chapman's disallowed goal against QPR in 1987. It was an absolute mile over the line when the keeper pushed it out, well a good 2 yards anyway, but the ref didn't have a clue and just told them to play on.

Alright we still won 7-1 but I was absolutely livid. 

I remember that. The keeper was just stood in the net with the ball. There was a photograph in the next home programme which wasn't at the best angle, but didn't need to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I remember that. The keeper was just stood in the net with the ball. There was a photograph in the next home programme which wasn't at the best angle, but didn't need to be. 

VAR would have caught that nowadays...  oh no wait.... LOL