THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

One of the reason why I think we will be found guilty, as you say ******** off one club or ******** of a bunch of clubs. 

Yep, and the fact that if they don't, it effectively leaves the door open for other clubs to do something similar, with regard to stadium sales.

• Haha 1

Surely all parties concerned in the case must be given appropriate notice of when it is to begin; so when were they informed and why wasn’t it made public straight away?

Well run league!

3 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

OK, answer me this, If other clubs are influencing the start date of the hearing, how can it be totally independent as claimed? A procedure and schedule was laid out, it should have been stuck to, allowing other clubs to interfere with this due process opens the EFL up to criticism. They should have said 'We hear and acknowledge your concerns but cannot and will not alter the timetable as set down".

I hear what you are saying, but the timetable has been disrupted and revised numerous times throughout this whole fiasco, and at the end of the day the EFL are the governing body, so probably just hear other club's concerns and now want to make sure that they can implement any punishment (if guilty) this season.

Plus it was due to start in July anyway, so the difference is what, 10 days?  Considering that the charges were made last year, I doubt that there is anything that either legal team can add to their respective cases in that amount of time, that isn't already in there.

52 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

If that’s right it looks like they want us charged before the season finishes. As in hit us with a points deduction. Feels like they’ve got us in their sights now.

Sorry fella but how have they got it for us, did they ask Chansiri to spaff millions down theshitter and making an amateurish attempt at breaking even.

If we get anything it will be the doing of 2 people, the same 2 people who are running this club like Billy Smarts Circus.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Key said:

Surely all parties concerned in the case must be given appropriate notice of when it is to begin; so when were they informed and why wasn’t it made public straight away?

Well run league!

I agree there must be some legal time frame of notice. Maybe someone on here knows? Bloody awful timing it’s past my bed time as it is. 

I dont think this case is a slam dunk.

The EFL appear to have given some sort of indication that what happened was okay. They probably did that wrongly.

The Owls are probably trying to argue something along the lines of legitimate expectation. Even if in the wrong the reasoning behind why this was done should go in our favour and reduce the penalty imposed.

EFL need this out the way. Understandably those at the bottom will want this sorting with an adverse outcome for us.

Keep the faith.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

if we really did have evidence of this surely it would have been presented before the case even went to a panel as there would be no case to answer? 

I thought the efl charged us , we contested the charge hence the independent panel hearing to decide the outcome. The independent panel hearing is now this week? That’s the way I read it as but I’m by no means a legal Eagle. May be I’m clutching at straws . We’ll soon find out!! 

Guest struckanerve

And, if the decision goes against us due to pressure from other clubs -- ie injustice -- can we take this to a 'proper' court of law to overturn it?

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

I hear what you are saying, but the timetable has been disrupted and revised numerous times throughout this whole fiasco, and at the end of the day the EFL are the governing body, so probably just hear other club's concerns and now want to make sure that they can implement any punishment (if guilty) this season.

Plus it was due to start in July anyway, so the difference is what, 10 days?  Considering that the charges were made last year, I doubt that there is anything that either legal team can add to their respective cases in that amount of time, that isn't already in there.

If this story is true, the EFL have allowed part of the process to be influenced by clubs who can gain from a negative outcome for swfc. That is stupid as it will give us another avenue of appeal should the case go against us. They should have not have been influenced in any way, and this could be used against them as a sign of a lack of impartially on the matter. They should have just stuck to the original timescale.

3 minutes ago, Owl1987 said:

I dont think this case is a slam dunk.

The EFL appear to have given some sort of indication that what happened was okay. They probably did that wrongly.

The Owls are probably trying to argue something along the lines of legitimate expectation. Even if in the wrong the reasoning behind why this was done should go in our favour and reduce the penalty imposed.

EFL need this out the way. Understandably those at the bottom will want this sorting with an adverse outcome for us.

Keep the faith.

If for example we don’t get docked points I wonder if the other clubs will be able to appeal it in anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

If this story is true, the EFL have allowed part of the process to be influenced by clubs who can gain from a negative outcome for swfc. That is stupid as it will give us another avenue of appeal should the case go against us. They should have not have been influenced in any way, and this could be used against them as a sign of a lack of impartially on the matter. They should have just stuck to the original timescale.

The EFL would just say 'Eh? It was nothing at all to do with pressure from any clubs. It was just a more convenient time to hold the meetings for all concerned"

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If for example we don’t get docked points I wonder if the other clubs will be able to appeal it in anyway. 

Doubt it.

Only the club involved could really appeal. Even then I'm not sure how they works 

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

Not really, the EFL have said all along that they were determined to get this resolved this season. Therefore, I think it is within their gift to make amendments to the timetable as they see fit.  Unless anyone hears different, I expect the club and legal team will have been informed and agreed to it.

Who knows though, and in any case Chansiri is likely to appeal, I expect.

Guest struckanerve
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Come on now....

Just wondering, someone else posted Barnsley are threatening legal action -- no idea if true.

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/barnsley-to-sue-the-efl/

"According to an article by Matt Slater and Nancy Frostick in The Athletic  this week Barnsley are one of several clubs considering legal action against the EFL if they are relegated this season but Birmingham, Derby or Sheffield Wednesday are allowed to start next season in The Championship on minus points because of Financial Fair Play sanctions."

Surely we should be willing to counter such threats with our own if we have a good case.