THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest paulvcooke
19 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Why don’t the EFL tell these rival clubs that are pushing for it to be brought forward that they are in charge and will be sticking to the date they have already set. 

I agree, if these 'concerns' by rival clubs are influencing proceeding how can we expect that they won't want to influence the outcome? Spineless by the EFL, again.

If we’re guilty it’s a huge points deduction let’s be honest, won’t be no inbetween , what did Birmingham get ? 9 ?  Be 12minimum 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t know the full ins and outs of this but if the club have put the stadium sale into a previous set of accounts, I just don’t see how we get out of this without a punishment.

I do feel that it’s better to get it sorted this season rather than next, starting next season with a sizeable deduction will end the season before a ball is kicked.

As for a deduction this season, we are currently 8 points above the bottom 3 but given how utterly dog s**te Barnsley, Luton, Boro, Hull, Charlton and Huddersfield are, I’d fancy our chances of staying up with a 9 point deduction, anything more though and I think we’d be in trouble.

our run in is horrendous. If guilty I don’t see how we will get a 9 points or less deduction. I believe Birmingham got a 9 point deduction but what we are accused of is much worse? 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If we’re guilty it’s a huge points deduction let’s be honest, won’t be no inbetween , what did Birmingham get ? 9 ?  Be 12minimum 

Dont worry, DC will backdate any deduction to the '17/18 season. 

23 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Why don’t the EFL tell these rival clubs that are pushing for it to be brought forward that they are in charge and will be sticking to the date they have already set. 

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

I agree, if these 'concerns' by rival clubs are influencing proceeding how can we expect that they won't want to influence the outcome? Spineless by the EFL, again.

Why shouldn't the EFL listen to and respond to concerns of other clubs.  If it's a choice between weeing off half a dozen clubs, most of whom have worked within the rules, or further weeing off a club who has already been charged for breaking them, which choice would you make?

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, Lee Riley said:

Would rather take any points deduction now if found guilty of wrong doing clean slate for next season in whichever league that may be, obviously would rather stay up even by the skin on the left knacker and start even Stevens next season fk starting on minus points with no glimmer of hope

Agree, let's get this over and done with, we want a clean slate for next season whatever division it may be. 

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Why shouldn't the EFL listen to and respond to concerns of other clubs.  If it's a choice between weeing off half a dozen clubs, most of whom have worked within the rules, or further weeing off a club who has already been charged for breaking them, which choice would you make?

One of the reason why I think we will be found guilty, as you say pi$$ off one club or pi$$ of a bunch of clubs. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t know the full ins and outs of this but if the club have put the stadium sale into a previous set of accounts, I just don’t see how we get out of this without a punishment.

I do feel that it’s better to get it sorted this season rather than next, starting next season with a sizeable deduction will end the season before a ball is kicked.

As for a deduction this season, we are currently 8 points above the bottom 3 but given how utterly dog s**te Barnsley, Luton, Boro, Hull, Charlton and Huddersfield are, I’d fancy our chances of staying up with a 9 point deduction, anything more though and I think we’d be in trouble.

We get out of it by having evidence that the EFL sanctioned the sale of the ground for the price chansiri paid .Thats it in a nutshell either we have the evidence or we don’t and by god I hope we do otherwise relegation is a big possibility. 

• Like 4

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

OK, answer me this, If other clubs are influencing the start date of the hearing, how can it be totally independent as claimed? A procedure and schedule was laid out, it should have been stuck to, allowing other clubs to interfere with this due process opens the EFL up to criticism. They should have said 'We hear and acknowledge your concerns but cannot and will not alter the timetable as set down".

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Dont worry, DC will backdate any deduction to the '17/18 season. 

Sounds like an Expensive Lawyers bill that 

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

We get out of it by having evidence that the EFL sanctioned the sale of the ground for the price chansiri paid .Thats it in a nutshell either we have the evidence or we don’t and by god I hope we do otherwise relegation is a big possibility. 

if we really did have evidence of this surely it would have been presented before the case even went to a panel as there would be no case to answer? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did the sale get originally sanctioned by the EFL hence the transfer embargo being lifted then they flagged something up further down the line hence the charge?

I don’t think this is as cut and dried as some on here think it is and there looks to be signs of outside influence IMO and I would expect this to be brought to the attention of the commission in our defence? It simply has to be as it doesn’t look fair to me?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It shouldn’t matter who you wee off it’s a matter of having the authority in the proceedings. I don’t think these clubs are pushing because they want us to have a fair hearing they are pushing in the hope we get punished to benefit themselves. Which is natural but the EFL should not bow to their pressure in my opinion. 

• Like 2