THE EFL HEARING THREAD

7 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

And, if the decision goes against us due to pressure from other clubs -- ie injustice -- can we take this to a 'proper' court of law to overturn it?

Our city rivals might lend us their file/s on this one.😜

Guest paulvcooke
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The EFL would just say 'Eh? It was nothing at all to do with pressure from any clubs. It was just a more convenient time to hold the meetings for all concerned"

This is true, and we must have agreed to the early date. But I imagine that if our smart solicitor has had the merest whiff of outside interference in a independent process he will be all over it like a pigeon on chips!

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If for example we don’t get docked points I wonder if the other clubs will be able to appeal it in anyway. 

Barnsley will probably send a letter, they’re good at that?

It’s an Independant panel that decides the punishment,  not the EFL , so pressure from other Clubs doesn’t stand up at all 

Guest struckanerve
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It’s an Independant panel that decides the punishment,  not the EFL , so pressure from other Clubs doesn’t stand up at all 

Any idea how these independent panels are decided upon?

I've seen plenty of independent unbiased boxing judges give some very odd decisions.

1 minute ago, paulvcooke said:

This is true, and we must have agreed to the early date. But I imagine that if our smart solicitor has had the merest whiff of outside interference in a independent process he will be all over it like a pigeon on chips!

I’ve always thought our case is a lot stronger than a lot of people think and this is probably a reason why other clubs are seemingly putting pressure on in desperation as if there are a group of clubs putting on pressure then they are trying to suggest we’re guilty of something?

The big thing for me is the EFL originally charged Chansiri, Redgate and Meire and those charges got dropped. They are the three you would’ve thought had orchestrated the original deal and are/were effectively the club? So if they are seemingly in the clear then there has to be a strong chance the club will eventually be too?

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And that will be exactly what they say if we are found guilty. 

Best part of 50 years I’ve followed this club, thick and thin. This guys running of the club over the last 3 years have been as embarrassing as it gets.

To be run by a multi millionaire family who has allowed us to be questioned about our finances is incomprehensible.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I’ve always thought our case is a lot stronger than a lot of people think and this is probably a reason why other clubs are seemingly putting pressure on in desperation as if there are a group of clubs putting on pressure then they are trying to suggest we’re guilty of something?

The big thing for me is the EFL originally charged Chansiri, Redgate and Meire and those charges got dropped. They are the three you would’ve thought had orchestrated the original deal and are/were effectively the club? So if they are seemingly in the clear then there has to be a strong chance the club will eventually be too?

bet if the charged where dropped against the 3 individuals why would the EFL still proceed with charging the club. Surely they must be very confident with what they have against us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest paulvcooke
10 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

Any idea how these independent panels are decided upon?

I've seen plenty of independent unbiased boxing judges give some very odd decisions.

90.3 A Disciplinary Commission shall consist of:

90.3.1 a chairperson who shall be either:

(a) a qualified solicitor or barrister; or

(b) a ‘member’ or ‘fellow’ of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,

in either case with at least 5 years post-qualification experience who shall be appointed independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (or such other body as the Board may from time to time determine); and

90.3.2 two suitably qualified side members one of whom shall be selected by the Claimant and the other (subject to Regulation 90.4), by the Respondent,

PROVIDED ALWAYS that:

(a) the side members must be independent of the parties and able to render an impartial decision;

(b) the parties may agree that the Disciplinary Commission be constituted by the Chairman sitting alone; and

(c) a ‘suitably qualified’ side member (if not a solicitor or barrister of at least five years post-qualification experience, shall be a person who is independent of the party appointing them, capable of rendering an impartial decision and not otherwise subject to a Disqualifying Condition (as defined in Appendix 3).

90.4 Where there is more than one Respondent, the Respondents collectively shall only be entitled to appoint one side member and in the absence of agreement between them within 3 days of a written request to do so, the Chairman shall be at liberty to do so on their behalf so as to avoid any possible delay in the conduct of the proceedings before the Disciplinary Commission.

90.5 Members of a Disciplinary Commission shall be entitled to receive from The League a reasonable sum by way of fees and expenses, as determined by the Board from time to time.  Where a party seeks to appoint an individual whose costs exceed those determined by the Board, that party will be responsible for any additional fees and expenses in any event, and such excess amounts cannot be the subject of an order for costs under any circumstances.

90.6 Proceedings before the Disciplinary Commission shall be arbitral proceedings for the purposes of the Arbitration Act, but Sections 44, 45 and 69 of the Arbitration Act shall not apply.

Basically, we pick one, the EFL picks one and the chairman is genuinely selected independently, who selects 2 more.

Edited by paulvcooke
copy and paste error

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

My God just think of the type of players we will have playing for us if we go down to league one. Stuff of nightmares. Any of our half decent players will be straight out the door as well. 

Read this angle on things a few times but if we are found guilty of filing the sale in the wrong year then surely it means the sale of the ground millions will be put into later accounts 

Meaning we have a lot of scope to spend on players 

• Like 1