THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I swear a lot of people who follow Wednesday grew up in an industrial environment when shouting people down to get a reaction was the norm.

Nowadays giving players encouragement and sticking together you're labelled as a snowflake.

Nothing good can come out of this.

I will and have always supported and encouraged every player who wears a Wednesday shirt, regardless of ability, but if a player mugs off the club and the fans, ( Forestieri) my support for him has gone. 

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Bugger, that's my first accountancy exam failed then.

I studied accountancy, only at collage it weren’t for me. On account that I must be a bit thick and kept getting the columns mixed up!! 
‘oh you’ve made a profit of £740,000’

Actually I’d just got my debit and credit column mixed up.

11 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Tommy Spurr and Darren Purse received loads of abuse and I never questioned their effort

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which begs the question why on earth would a supporter of a football club abuse a player giving 100%?

It's always been the same, I've been going to Hillsborough for over 60 years & there's always been at least one player who the crowd get on the backs of no matter how hard they might be trying. Brian Usher, Brian Woodhall & Sam Ellis (when he first came into the team) spring to mind from the 1960's.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I will and have always supported and encouraged every player who wears a Wednesday shirt, regardless of ability, but if a player mugs off the club and the fans, ( Forestieri) my support for him has gone. 

Personally I don't think he's lazy.  I just think he's immature and it always has to be about him.  When it's not sometimes he just gets the hump on.

• Like 1

Just now, Bourbon said:

I studied accountancy, only at collage it weren’t for me. On account that I must be a bit thick and kept getting the columns mixed up!! 
‘oh you’ve made a profit of £740,000’

Actually I’d just got my debit and credit column mixed up.

Perhaps if you'd gone to college instead of making pictures out of other pictures ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I swear a lot of people who follow Wednesday grew up in an industrial environment when shouting people down to get a reaction was the norm.

Nowadays giving players encouragement and sticking together you're labelled as a snowflake.

Nothing good can come out of this.  It's just simple respect for another person.

Not only industrial but maybe family life also

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I've sat in about 3 genuinely toxic crowds - the biggest was when we got relegated at Coventry. 

Wednesday fans don't normally get on players backs but this past few years as seen more of it due to the distinct lack of effort in a huge amount of games

With regards to young players coming through I would like to think that all Wednesday fans would love to see a good clutch come through and become good first team players.

Yep you can count that cov game for sure

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I have a lot more patience with young players than I would do seasoned professionals. Love seeing young players coming through, makes me feel proud. 

Funny how supporting a football club can make you feel.  Why do you/we feel proud when a young player comes through the ranks, all we did was pay our entrance fee?