THE EFL HEARING THREAD

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Once there has been an offer, and that offer has been accepted, there is a legally binding deal in place I believe according to British (Business) Law. Offer and acceptance can even be verbal.

Would Dc have need to have a split personality to sell the stadium to himself though. :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

In all seriousness though, how dodgy do both things look to the (admittedly) untrained eye?

Ground sold July 18, accounted for March of the same year.

Ground worth, oh I don't know 20-30m at best, valued conveniently at 60m, which is the amount needed to cover FFP losses.

Whatever the outcome, I am sorry to say that (and to quote George from Blackadder goes Forth).. someone looks as guilty as a puppy sat next to a pile of poo.

I'm looking at some commercial property to buy & need an expert valuer.

I assume you're RICS accredited, You obviously know your stuff.

Also, whether relevant or not, (but may have a bearing on valuations). How much would it cost to re build? Or move location & rebuild?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

In all seriousness though, how dodgy do both things look to the (admittedly) untrained eye?

Ground worth, oh I don't know 20-30m at best, valued conveniently at 60m, which is the amount needed to cover FFP losses.

Whatever the outcome, I am sorry to say that (and to quote George from Blackadder goes Forth).. someone looks as guilty as a puppy sat next to a pile of poo.

If a document is in place by the end of July 2018 stating that there is an intention to sell then that transaction can be backdated to the July 2018 accounts when the transaction is completed. 

The ground valuation isn't based on how much you would get if you sold it but how much it would cost to build a new ground of similar size less depreciation on the current stadium.

Edited by mogbad

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

If a document is in place by the end of July 2018 stating that there is an intention to sell then that transaction can be backdated to the July 2018 accounts when the transaction is completed. 

The ground valuation isn't based on how much you would get if you sold it but how much it would cost to build a new ground of similar size less depreciation on the current stadium.

It was put into March 18 accounts.

12 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

They may look dodgy, but if the club were given the green-light by the EFL, who is DC to argue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I'm looking at some commercial property to buy & need an expert valuer.

I assume you're RICS accredited, You obviously know your stuff.

Also, whether relevant or not, (but may have a bearing on valuations). How much would it cost to re build? Or move location & rebuild?

Put your knickers back on, I said it was a guess and 'to the untrained eye'.

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Better shut my attic window.

My detective like senses tell me

a)You have an office in the attic

b)You’re supposed to be working from home

c)You’ve done bugger all for the most of the day

lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I could very well be wrong with my figures here but didn't West Hams ground in the capital city get valued/sold for £40 million - if that is correct then it does make £60 million for Hillsborough sound a little outrageous. lol

If you're talking about Upton Park which I assume you are, as West Ham are only leasing the London Stadium. A:- the ground was and always has been a small time sh*t hole. 

B:- The areas a sh*t hole (even allowing for nearby gentrification).

Not to mention they moved out a good few years ago now.

• Haha 1

As I recall from the initial statement drafted by our lawyers, our defence is underpinned by the principle of reasonable reliance, i.e what a prudent person would believe and act upon if told by another.

EFL Sanctioned the transaction, leading to a multi million pound transaction, signed off initially on the accounts and lifted the embargo. 

The EFL may not like the mechanics of the transaction, but is lawful and HMRC compliant.

I still fail to see what we have done wrong, unless the EFL can retrospectively engineer regulations to exclude the ground sale from P&S calculations. 

• Like 2