THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Smackavolley
47 minutes ago, vulva said:

When you get chance mate can you draw me a picture. There’s a good lad. 

That’s more like it 😉

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I think that was more of a turn of phrase than an actual physical exercise!

Didnt they actually say 125 or something similar to that amount as i recall? It was quite specific for a turn of phrase.

They did really well identifying a guy who wouldnt game time though and just to loan out for £2.5 million or whatever it was

Given the mass outgoings from the club, added to the pandemic I have a suspicion that there will be a suspended points deduction or small points + suspended.

Theres a part of me that thinks that if it went through, given the amount of people from varying different organisations that had eyes on it, there is no case. Another part that thinks this is not a legal case but an EFL one.

If we get a massive points deduction it will be appealed and drag it on and I again suspect things will be leaked into the public domain.

Neither the club nor the EFL want their dirty laundry aired in public so I honestly think the reason we have appointed a well known football man to represent us is to get some kind of compromise

Both the EFL and the club are at fault here but the club would not have proceeded with the stadium sale without a green light from someone!

Just my thoughts nothing else

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

On our way, on our way, to the (insert name of league as appropriate]

How did we get there, I don’t know

How did we get there I don’t care

All I know is Wednesday’s on our way

AARGH FFS I  thought I'd finally got that worm out of my brain  - so appropriate though Simon 

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

The club has always been confident of fighting the charge.

tbh despite the appearance of 'dell boy' type antics  I simply cannot believe our legal team and our accountants haven't covered our arses 

I'm hoping this drama is for the likes of Boro et al who see our demise as a lifebelt and in actuality it's all just a show for them      ......i'm hoping 

Just now, steelowl said:

cheers you too,

I'm surviving  roll on aug 1st  lock up yer daughters 

Been maintaining my wellbeing keeping fit, fishing, and growing veg. Living the dream.

I’ll got some lovely mangetout I’ll let you know, and my lettuces are to die for darling.

lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

If you read the post I was decrying Maguire because he is the one that proclaims to be some guru and has the local media thinking so.

No it's not rocket science stuff but OT is a community and it's about sharing knowledge on perhaps some of the nuances within the figures, not the headline figures. 

Like I listen to others than can bring their working knowledge into the mix on other subjects.

So I will continue because I know it is appreciated by a few on here, that I stop and explain things, hopefully in a none patronising way 

Mate all the business experts on here are used to managing accounts and forging a path for multi-million pound companies on Football Manager so they have no need for professionals who do it for real:duntmatter:

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Been maintaining my wellbeing keeping fit, fishing, and growing weedLiving the dream.

I’ll got some lovely mangetout I’ll let you know, and my lettuces are to die for darling.

lol