THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

EFL’s evidence has to be absolutely rock solid, otherwise could face all kinds of counter claims , professional independent chartered surveyors may not take too kindly to be told there valuations were wrong , accountants who signed of the accounts likewise   

I had my terraced house on Pitsmoor valued at just shy of £1.5M for a recent remortgage. Can’t knock chartered surveyors. 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In a nutshell Chansiri sold the ground to himself, put the sale in the previous years accounts so we didn't breach FFP rules, so the EFL have charged us with misconduct

The outcome could be a points deduction that relegates us

Ouch. Does it look likely that we’re going to lose, or is it still anyone’s guess?

And which were the charges that were dropped a few months back? Was that for something different?

Just now, eddyowl123 said:

Ouch. Does it look likely that we’re going to lose, or is it still anyone’s guess?

And which were the charges that were dropped a few months back? Was that for something different?

Totally completely separate to the charges that were dropped a few months back

We don't know how this one will turn out yet - everyone's just waiting to hear now - could go either way

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

EFL’s evidence has to be absolutely rock solid, otherwise could face all kinds of counter claims , professional independent chartered surveyors may not take too kindly to be told there valuations were wrong , accountants who signed of the accounts likewise   

Remind me. Who was it who paid the fees for these Chartered Surveyors and Accountants?

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

That explains why they are unhappy about the biscuit selection.

Last time I went in there I was searched for weapons by the bouncer. When he realised I didn't have any he gave me a baseball bat and said " you might need this". 

Rough as owt it was in there. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Just supposing we have handed all the Documents in and we have evidence that we have ,Someone in the EFL has not processed the paperwork ,The EFL trying to save face  have to go through the motions  and make out we are the bad boys .

Not quite sure any of that is what's actually happening though mate

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So civil defamation litigation remains a possibility ?

Yay, more time spent in court. Just what everyone needs.

Chansiri is rapidly becoming to lawyers, what he was to agents not so long ago.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Last time I went in there I was searched for weapons by the bouncer. When he realised I didn't have any he gave me a baseball bat and said " you might need this". 

Rough as owt it was in there. 

Last time I went in was after a day trip to Skeggy run by the club, probably about 35 years ago - they only ever seemed to play Status Quo songs, maybe their songs are easier to play with 6 fingers on each hand?

• Haha 2