THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, stuffed owl said:

Remind me. Who was it who paid the fees for these Chartered Surveyors and Accountants?

think these types of workers are legally obligated to be fair and accurate or may be subject to criminal proceedings against them.

i was trying to say whilst supposedly working on something else 

that the classic threads of the past didn't always end well 

trying to think of them now off top of my head 

Rhodes .....err

Antonio

Megson 

Rowett gamble 

Owlstalk will have them all 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i was trying to say whilst supposedly working on something else 

that the classic threads of the past didn't always end well 

trying to think of them now off top of my head 

Rhodes .....err

Antonio

Megson 

Rowett gamble 

Owlstalk will have them all 

I've never laughed so much as I did during the Steve Bruce thread.  Ironic really.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

The act of selling an asset (the ground) and putting it in a different year’s accounts is a common accounting practice ain’t it?   

Plus, the EFL, fo.0kwitted or not, sanctioned it all and signed it off, we haven’t broken any rules in reality, but then the EFL had little scribble hair at Boro in their ears and decided to backtrack and Parry wanted his pound of flesh.

I think the EFL have ballsed this one up beyond belief.

I think or I hope that's right however if someone's near our accountants and you see this we're toast 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

The act of selling an asset (the ground) and putting it in a different year’s accounts is a common accounting practice ain’t it?   

Plus, the EFL, fo.0kwitted or not, sanctioned it all and signed it off, we haven’t broken any rules in reality, but then the EFL had little scribble hair at Boro in their ears and decided to backtrack and Parry wanted his pound of flesh.

I hope you're right but it doesn't seem to be very feasible. 

7 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Don't forget the 'new information' that they allegedly found around the time they charged us....who knows what that is

An I.O.U on a post it note..... could be anything

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I have a lot more patience with young players than I would do seasoned professionals. Love seeing young players coming through, makes me feel proud. 

If everyone made an allowance of 25% more patience with young (or even new) players. We would see more develop. (in my humble opinion).

While we're on the subject I wonder how many player's agents or manager's may steer their younger prospects to a more 'stable' environment. Brentford (already discussed) or Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham, where the fan's we have always derided (me included), offer a much better option for progressing their careers.

Same goes for potential loanee's. We very rarely seem to get the real pick of the bunch. (maybe down to lower profile manager's as well?).

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Erm, no I am not sure it is actually. 

25 minutes ago, stuffed owl said:

Remind me. Who was it who paid the fees for these Chartered Surveyors and Accountants?

So what your suggesting is serious misconduct yeh ..? 

Remind me, how did the EFL get on with that misconduct charge against DC ? 

36 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

My mate is a reyt idiot and hasn’t been keeping up with all this. He thought that this was all done and dusted and the charges had been dropped. What a muppet.

Would someone mind briefly explaining – purely for his benefit, mind – what the point of this hearing is and how f00ked we are likely to be if the decision goes against us?

And then I can pass the message straight on to him. Cheers.

Like it.

😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

EFL’s evidence has to be absolutely rock solid, otherwise could face all kinds of counter claims , professional independent chartered surveyors may not take too kindly to be told there valuations were wrong , accountants who signed of the accounts likewise   

Also (and I realise part of the issue is the 'backdating') but when you think the costs of building the new Spurs ground, (£850 million) does 60 mill for Hillsborough sound outrageous?

I don't think the legality is the question, it's what the EFL allow within their own rules.

As you say, it went through initially, but then the whole 'new evidence has come to light' thing came about.

We'll soon know, either way.

Edited by Sheff74

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Also (and I realise part of the issue is the 'backdating') but when you think the costs of building the new Spurs ground, (£850 million) does 60 mill for Hillsborough sound outrageous?

Not sure you can compare the 2, pretty sure Spurs ground is not built on a swamp!

6 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

it’s not illegal anyway, I’m pretty sure mk and the other accounts bods have said similar?

I don't think it is the legality in question though, rather what the EFL allow in their rules.

As you say, it went through initially, but then the whole 'new evidence has come to light' thing came about.

We'll soon know, either way.

Edited by Sheff74

All depends on whether we've got evidence to suggest that filing the ground sale in the previous years accounts was given the green light by the EFL. As for the value of the ground, if it was valued by an independent auditor, I can't really see that we have a case to answer.