THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Ive very rarely In 40 years been sat in a toxic crowd following the Owls. Social media is toxic, its also sometimes a load of garbage and if some players careers are dictated by words on here, twitter etc then they shouldnt be playing professional football. ALL teams have some muppet supporters, I believe we have a great fanbase personally

You've just perfectly summed up the problem we have.

You're living in a bubble mate. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

According to some it's perfectly fine to harass our staff and players on twitter

Thanks, I'll get right on it! :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Ive very rarely In 40 years been sat in a toxic crowd following the Owls. Social media is toxic, its also sometimes a load of garbage and if some players careers are dictated by words on here, twitter etc then they shouldnt be playing professional football. ALL teams have some muppet supporters, I believe we have a great fanbase personally

You must have stayed away from 2009-2011 & since 2016, and never been to an away match then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, unkastav said:

I've sat in about 3 genuinely toxic crowds - the biggest was when we got relegated at Coventry. 

Wednesday fans don't normally get on players backs but this past few years as seen more of it due to the distinct lack of effort in a huge amount of games

With regards to young players coming through I would like to think that all Wednesday fans would love to see a good clutch come through and become good first team players.

• Like 2

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I've sat in about 3 genuinely toxic crowds - the biggest was when we got relegated at Coventry. 

Wednesday fans don't normally get on players backs but this past few years as seen more of it due to the distinct lack of effort in a huge amount of games

With regards to young players coming through I would like to think that all Wednesday fans would love to see a good clutch come through and become good first team players.

Tommy Spurr and Darren Purse received loads of abuse and I never questioned their effort

• Love 3

Guest mkowl
4 hours ago, vulva said:

When you get chance mate can you draw me a picture. There’s a good lad. 

I will start with the basics 

20200626_130231.jpg

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Which begs the question why on earth would a supporter of a football club abuse a player giving 100%?

Yup.

Remember Torres at Chelsea? Utterly useless, but the fans stuck behind him and always sung songs about him. He'd have been booed at Hillsborough if he didn't score in his first game

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Which begs the question why on earth would a supporter of a football club abuse a player giving 100%?

If they're only giving 100% they must be holding back at least another 10%

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some feel it is not just about effort. If they don’t have the ability what’s the point? 

Just now, heppers said:

Some feel it is not just about effort. If they don’t have the ability what’s the point? 

Put it this way then..

Imagine if your 15 year old lad was thrown onto the pitch at Hillsborough in the first team

He gave 100% week in week out, blood, sweat and tears but just wasn't quite good enough really

So the crowd abuse him

See the absolute stupidity of it?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I swear a lot of people who follow Wednesday grew up in an industrial environment when shouting people down to get a reaction was the norm.

Nowadays giving players encouragement and sticking together you're labelled as a snowflake.

Nothing good can come out of this.  It's just simple respect for another person.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Just now, heppers said:

I'd suggest a season ticket at the Etihad or Nou Camp if you're only satisfied with ability, most of the time you'll struggle for that consistently at Hillsborough

• Like 2