THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd rather take the 21pt deduction this season and go down rather than prolong the agony  knowing we will be relegated next season. 

Ridiculous idea. 

We have no idea what deduction it will be, surely we take our chance of staying up with a negative point start, rather than going down to L1 for what could be another couple of years 

• Like 4

Guest LondonOwl313

If it’s a heavy one I’d rather just go down now. Imagine starting on -12 with this team and manager who are 23rd over the second half of the season as it is. And no decent players will be interested in coming here either.

So it’s a stay of execution before an inevitable relegation. Take the punishment now gives us a year head start to begin the rebuild rather than having to wait for 2021/22 season to start over 

Just now, William 1867 said:

Kevtheowl keeps saying we are ok.

UTO

Always reassuring that. 

He told us that Rowett was at the training ground about seven months ago. Still waiting on the club to announce him as new manager. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo as soon as the last ball Is kicked in the championship on Wednesday night that should be the cut off for any point deductions. Sounds like the EFL are just passing the blame to the panel. 

Sounds like you're gutted lol

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2020 at 13:20, S36 OWL said:

Scam stadium sales and fake sponsorship contracts. I think he has summed it up perfectly to be honest. 

Selling something to yourself is not a sale and setting up companies who don't even trade, earn any money or sell any goods then claim they "pay" for sponsorship is downright taking the p155. 

But again the sponsorship deals fake or not we're ok'd by the EFL.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pretty much. Wouldn't be so sure of Wigan's point deduction standing either.

Clearly the IDP are not afraid of going against the EFL,  Wigan’s situation is different though , I do feel for them but I think Admin is admin ... there has to be an across the board punishment for that carry on otherwise there will be a free for all 

Just now, SiJ said:

That you pretending you know something, but don't really? 

I've said all I can

I cant say no more...

;-)

(because I know nothing)

lol

I"m just saying...

It's  gonna REALLY REALLY kick off this

In the biggest way we've ever  known/seen

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

what makes you say that from what has been said? 

No mention of us a main one. Surely if we were guilty we would know by now.

Said before here if we didnt get a points deduction today that didnt relegated us that we would win the case and that's what I think has happened. Will be announced probably the day after relegated teams can appeal up to.

• Like 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Clearly the IDP are not afraid of going against the EFL,  Wigan’s situation is different though , I do feel for them but I think Admin is admin ... there has to be an across the board punishment for that carry on otherwise there will be a free for all 

But it can be argued that they have been taken for mugs by the conmen and the EFL approved it.

I sympathise with them, it isnt like normal administration as clearly they had an agenda more sinister.

“relegation will be confirmed for the Clubs in 22nd, 23rd and 24th positions in the Championship table following the conclusion of those matches and will be subject to the resolution of any ongoing proceedings.”

So that statement tells us nothing other than they realise how annoying this situation is to everyone, and if we or anyone else have points deducted then it could still affect relegation after the results on Wednesday night.

1 minute ago, dr. benway said:

Mods please merge this thread into the other one, it’s wasting valuable pages that could be added to the bigger one in our valiant push for a four-figure page count 

Thanks mods, you did as I wanted and made me look like a lunatic in doing so :laugh:

• Haha 2